NOS What would it take?

I have a 2004 gmc sierra 1500 4x4 z71 5.3. Pretty much stock. Only mod's are duals and drop in k&n. I would like to have a supercharger or turbo but can't afford it right now and NOS seem's alot cheaper. I've heard horror stories about people blowing there motor with it and things like that but i'm just curious what would i have to do to my truck to run NOS. What are the pro's and con's of NOS and what kind of numbers would mt truck make on it. Thanks in advance.

n20 is cheap you can get a sweet ass setuo for around 1000 bucks, you stock motor 5.3 could handle a 100 shot pretty good, i know the lq9 can take 125 150 shots decenlty and they will run in the 12's . the 5.3 would probably be in the 13's.

im running a 150 wet shot on my 6.0 but for your 5.3 I wouldn’t go over 100 wet shot, there are people that do but 150 is pushing it. As far as price you’re looking at $750-$1000 for a complete system depending on what you want.

Edited by ssdan (see edit history)

Heard and seen many good success stories with ZEX kits. Start at 50hp and work your way up. You will want a remote bottle opener, bottle heater, and gauges, so you will end up around $1,000 when it is all said and done, but it will be done right.

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/...=NITROUSSYSTEMS

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

what would happen if you put a 100 shot on a 6.0 with a vortec will it hold up or do ya have to change some stuff.i got a vortec thinking of adding some extra quick power.or do you guys have a better suggestion for more reliable power??

what would happen if you put a 100 shot on a 6.0 with a vortec will it hold up or do ya have to change some stuff.i got a vortec thinking of adding some extra quick power.or do you guys have a better suggestion for more reliable power??

I would think you wouldn't want to go more than 50 shot at the start and thats it since you have a s/c any more than that I would think be too much but I am new at this and not a mechanic. :dunno: