Whats up with the new decks?

I'm not really getting this MY 5YR old 250.00 retail dollar alpine has better specs then the new 400 dollar alpine decks and most others in that range. My older alpine does not have ipod or fancy face plates but the nuts and bolts of the deck are far superior or at least seem to be?

1-4volt outputs,this is a big deal right?

2-time aliment

3-bass focus

4-cross overs with setting for all outputs and sub feed with slope curves etc.

My last step in the completion of my system is a new deck but I would like my new deck to have better specs then my old one that I'm useing.

Thanks for any help guys.

Alpine claims that 4 volts is an unclipped low level signal. in the early days of car audio the output imp. were high and the output voltage was low....amplifier designs were not as advanced as they are now....noise issues were very common...cable designs and better designed electronics have virtually eliminated those issues....on of the big ones was to increase preamp level signal....alpine did it 1st with the veneral 7909....a 20bit 4 volt deck legendary for it's sound.....for many many years to boot...only one other deck came close or exceeded it...the clarion drx 9255....10 years later !!!..the high signal lever means your gonna have to turn down your amp gains...the high preamp voltage won't harm the amp but it will sound pretty bad and clip way to early