The way things were......

DeeHutch

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1973 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1973 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1973 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1973 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to

college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1973 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1973 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1973 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

And THIS is progress??

it's amazing how weak and p*ssified our society has become

Sad, but true. The biggest problem is that we've let this country be ruled by lawyers and special interest groups (who are represented by lawyers) instead of the majority like it's supposed to be.

I have another scenario

mark is made fun of by the kids at school...

1973: mark beats some of the kids up for the insults and it's over

2006: mark comes to school with homemade bombs and fully automatic firearms and shoots up his school.

I think kids are desensiticed (sp) by video games now and don't really think about killing and all that with the same consiquences they used too. I am almost 19 so I know how that is, there were two shooting at my school this year, a few stabbings and a few jumpings by baseball bats. That would never happen 30 years ago. I was stabbed in the arm a few months ago at a party as well so I know people use weapons. The kid was a little shit that couldn't fight with his fists so he used a knife. He ended up getting it alot worse though once he lost the knife and my adrenaline was pumping. My dad was a marine and he said the reason he thinks boot is easier now is because people don't have to really be brain washed to go and kill people now, video games and movies did it for the millitary. Same reason marines don't have the same look in their eye now that they used too.

I have another scenario

mark is made fun of by the kids at school...

1973: mark beats some of the kids up for the insults and it's over

2006: mark comes to school with homemade bombs and fully automatic firearms and shoots up his school.

I think kids are desensiticed (sp) by video games now and don't really think about killing and all that with the same consiquences they used too.  I am almost 19 so I know how that is,  there were two shooting at my school this year, a few stabbings and a few jumpings by baseball bats.  That would never happen 30 years ago.  I was stabbed in the arm a few months ago at a party as well so I know people use weapons.  The kid was a little shit that couldn't fight with his fists so he used a knife. He ended up getting it alot worse though once he lost the knife and my adrenaline was pumping.  My dad was a marine and he said the reason he thinks boot is easier now is because people don't have to really be brain washed to go and kill people now, video games and movies did it for the millitary.  Same reason marines don't have the same look in their eye now that they used too.

i agree wit ya

Its sad to see that we have become like this. It makes me think twice about haveing kids and bringing thm up in this world. I'm 28 and we where not like this when I was going to school. Its getting scary out there and makes me think twice before doing anything.

:chevy::flag::chevy:

Its sad to see that we have become like this. It makes me think twice about haveing kids and bringing thm up in this world. I'm 28 and we where not like this when I was going to school. Its getting scary out there and makes me think twice before doing anything.

:chevy::flag::chevy:

that's the way i have felt for awhile. there's just so much more crap now than when i grew up and it can only get worse. not only the violence but also the governmental control now as well. its just messed up how things have changed since i was a kid.

If you have children just raise them correctly. I am not a ****, I don't use weapons, i'm not fat, I got straight A's in high school and I know how to respect people and I don't start fights or act like a gangster ass tough guy, I also wear my pants how they should be worn. You can raise a good person today, it just may take more work than it did as when you guys were kids. Our society needs kids being raised in homes where they are actually raised as repectful hard working citizens and not all these terrible parents with gangster stupid kids. My dads sister has 3 boys unde rthe age of 7 and they are allowed to swear if they are singing, they also sag and talk about hitting women (their dad is a gangster mexican guy) and it makes me sick seeing how my cousins are. This is todays problem, we have people raising their kids to be peices of crap.

If you have children just raise them correctly.  I am not a ****, I don't use weapons, i'm not fat, I got straight A's in high school and I know how to respect people and I don't start fights or act like a gangster ass tough guy,  I also wear my pants how they should be worn.  You can raise a good person today, it just may take more work than it did as when you guys were kids.  Our society needs kids being raised in homes where they are actually raised as repectful hard working citizens and not all these terrible parents with gangster stupid kids.  My dads sister has 3 boys unde rthe age of 7 and they are allowed to swear if they are singing, they also sag and talk about hitting women (their dad is a gangster mexican guy) and it makes me sick seeing how my cousins are.  This is todays problem, we have people raising their kids to be peices of crap.

true. you should be required to take a test in order to have kids these days. its always "everyone else's fault and not mine"

If you have children just raise them correctly.  I am not a ****, I don't use weapons, i'm not fat, I got straight A's in high school and I know how to respect people and I don't start fights or act like a gangster ass tough guy,  I also wear my pants how they should be worn.  You can raise a good person today, it just may take more work than it did as when you guys were kids.  Our society needs kids being raised in homes where they are actually raised as repectful hard working citizens and not all these terrible parents with gangster stupid kids.  My dads sister has 3 boys unde rthe age of 7 and they are allowed to swear if they are singing, they also sag and talk about hitting women (their dad is a gangster mexican guy) and it makes me sick seeing how my cousins are.  This is todays problem, we have people raising their kids to be peices of crap.

I have two children, son is 3 1/2 daughter is 2, and they will grow up respectful, good kids. Already they are required to say please, thank you, ect, and my son does it automatically most of the time. My girl is getting there, but she's 2. We lead by example in our house, because so much of what kids do/say is what they see at home. Butt is a bad word in our house. :crackup:

I think, too, with video games alot of kids have a skued sense of reality. You go on a killing spree in a game you can just hit reset to start over. Life has no reset button.

I'm 39 (soon to be 40 :eek: ) so I remember alot of those scenarios. If yopu had a problem with someone, there were no weapons, just fists. You met out back, or at the bike rack, and settled it. A week later you were best friends.

people have forgotten an important word, and more so no one knows what it truly means.....

HONOR

just something to think about

ES :flag:

Another forgotten word is, RESPONSIBILITY, and taking responsibility for one's own actions.

:withstupid::withstupid:

ES :flag: