remote start question

I figured i would see if there is anybody here that has this set-up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEI-VALET-5...1QQcmdZViewItem

I called around a few local places for a remote start for the girlfriends Olds Alero. everyone is telling me this is a real busy time of year and I would be about a month out on the install.

I'm just looking for a remote start that would work with the factory power locks. we don't need the full-blown alarm system. I thought if it isn't a real big hassle, i could buy and install one myself.

If anyone has any recommendations on domeplace besides ebay or best buy to get a good remote start, let me know.

thanks. :cheers:

***Scheduled Maintenance For This Week***

January 03, 2007 | 11:42AM PST/PT

The eBay system will be undergoing general maintenance from approximately 23:00 PT on Thursday, January 4th to 01:00 PT on Friday, January 5th. During this maintenance period, certain eBay site features may be intermittently unavailable or slow.

:banghead::banghead: Ebay sucks!!

the remote is a DEI Valet 552T remote start keyless entry with two remotes and extra channels for door locks or to open trunk.

It's on ebay for a buy it now for $57.00. The ad says new in box. I was just wondering if anyone here was using this set-up

you sure its not a 562t? i install all dei products and never seen a 552t. idk maybe older version. a new 562t retails at 135. plus about 100 for install and all the modules you need. you will need 2 but can get away with only getting one and running wires from the door inplace of the other one.(a secret most shops wont tell you). also unless you are expernced with wiring i wouldnt d.i.y. it can be done but takes time. plus finding the wires are a pita. but if you have time you can do it. if you need any help like a wire list for your truck just pm me.

It must be an older model on ebay. I'll probably take you up on the wiring info next week.

I just didn't like a couple of the "local guys" around here telling me I would have to wait until mid-february for the install.

The 562T is what you would recommend though?

Thanks again, :cheers:

that is an older model, and if you can find something else, steer clear of that one. there is NO RANGE on it. I have isntalled hundreds of them and thats my number one complaint on them. go with the new SST stuff from DEI. also I can get you modules for cheep and make your install easier. and for gods sake, do NOT do it yourself if you feel at all uneasy about it

i install 562t all the time and never had a complaint,...ever. now on the 561t which uses the factory remote, that i have herad many problems because the range really is bad. just shop around, i have also heard good things about code alarms. i might be switching to use those, there cheaper and have the same quality as dei.

If you're going to take the time to do it yourself, make sure you solder the connections and use heat shrink tubing. I know a lot of install shops that end up repairing crappy crimp on connections as they loosen up over time. I HATE crimp on connectors. Hate hate hate... :banghead: