Name your favorite cartoons growing up

bgdsub72

Heckle and Jeckle were not "PC". That's why you'll never see them in reruns.

Some others:

Deputy Dawg

Felix the Cat

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Huckleberry Hound

Snagglepuss--exit stage left!

Yogi Bear

Anyone else remember Clutch Cargo?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched mostly Bugs Bunny cartoons and Mighty Mouse but my favorite program as a kid and even now, is the Three Stooges. I couldn't wait to get home from school to watch them at 3:00 every afternoon. No matter how many times I've seen their shows, I still crack up. New Years Eve I watched the marathon with my sister and brother-in-law, like I always do, and we were laughing our asses off. I even introduced my 5 year old nephew to them. He was running around the house saying, "Moe, Larry the Cheese!"

ninja turtles

looney tunes

ren and stimpy

rug rats

care bears (when i was really little)

rocko's modern life

tom and jerry

anything they played on saturday morning

some cartoon where two cats flew an f-14 tomcat

and some others

Guys what about the ol skool cartoons like

popeye

heckle and jeckle

captain caveman

the superfriends

scooby doo

grape ape

jabber jaw

speed buggy

Yes, these plus:

Thundarr the Barbarian

Smurfs

Masters of the Universe (He-Man and Skeletor)

Yogi the Bear

Flintstones

Jetsons

What's the one where a dog wears a trenchcoat and has Ninja powers?

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

many of the above were good. GI Joe and transformers were some of the best. I still watch the Simpson and watched the first episode on the the Tracey U show. Also The Family guy is great show just watched it late last night. Saturday morning cartoons have changed a lot since the 80's :banghead:

Guys what about the ol skool cartoons like

popeye

heckle and jeckle

captain caveman

the superfriends

scooby doo

grape ape

jabber jaw

speed buggy

Yes, these plus:

Thundarr the Barbarian

Smurfs

Masters of the Universe (He-Man and Skeletor)

Yogi the Bear

Flintstones

Jetsons

What's the one where a dog wears a trenchcoat and has Ninja powers?

Mike

that would be HONG KONG PHUEY and yes i to watched the smurfs,care bears were for tinkerbells and fairys.does anyone know who still plays these cartoons?

their was also a cartoon i saw(forgot the name,and its driving ne crazy)where a 40'sish taxi and car had a baby car who wanted to be a hot rod so he ordered a roadster body and beefed up his engine but in the end he went back to the taxi cab body while retaining the hopped up motor.

theres more but i cant remember.

/quote]

Dude I thought I was the only one. I'd give anything if I could remember the name of that cartoon. I was trying to talk about it to my wife the other night actually and just looked me as if I "had lobsters coming out of my ears" (near famous qoute there)

She's only 25 so I should've known better than to have tried to get her to relate.......

SMURFS

FRAGGLE ROCK

CAPT CAVEMAN (one of my favorites)

THREE STOOGES (It came on with one the saturday morning "cartoon blocks" that I used to watch as a kid)

TOM AND JERRY

BUGS BUNNY (remember the ones where he used to always race the turtle??)

In addition to the 40's cartoon about the car, there was a similar one that I used to always watch that included airplanes instead of cars. I can't remember the name of that one either.

their was also a cartoon i saw(forgot the name,and its driving ne crazy)where a 40'sish taxi and car had a baby car who wanted to be a hot rod so he ordered a roadster body and beefed up his engine but in the end he went back to the taxi cab body while retaining the hopped up motor.

theres more but i cant remember.

/quote]

Dude I thought I was the only one. I'd give anything if I could remember the name of that cartoon. I was trying to talk about it to my wife the other night actually and just looked me as if I "had lobsters coming out of my ears" (near famous qoute there)

She's only 25 so I should've known better than to have tried to get her to relate.......

SMURFS

FRAGGLE ROCK

CAPT CAVEMAN (one of my favorites)

THREE STOOGES (It came on with one the saturday morning "cartoon blocks" that I used to watch as a kid)

TOM AND JERRY

BUGS BUNNY (remember the ones where he used to always race the turtle??)

In addition to the 40's cartoon about the car, there was a similar one that I used to always watch that included airplanes instead of cars. I can't remember the name of that one either.

yeah my buddy reminded me about that one,i think the baby plane wanted to be a jet if memory serves me right,man i'd give anything to see those cartoons again.