The latest on the progress of the SS

04CHASE

well i havent driven the SS lately because have been taking my sweet ass time to get all the little stuff done. this has included vortech t trim supercharger a 10 bolt ta performance rear end girdle, the big 3 ( 1/0 gauge postive and ground and 4 gauge alt wires) ,vortech maxflow bov, nitrous system including bottle heater, nx wet kit, purge solenoid with intercooler spray ring and nitro daves switch panel. custom intake for vortech with air box also painted the exhaust matte black and gutted the cats. here are alot of pics of me and the big help of my operation Mike , he is my girlfriends brother , he has helped a ton in getting the SS where its currently at, he is doing the tuning , and helping me with the fabrication of the little stuff. i also want to thank jon (jonmalibuss) for helping me get the aluminum pipes welded and fabricating the bov mount for me, he does some of the best work i have seen and the turn around is faster than i could ever ask for.

here are the pics

this is showing the differential with two of the bearing studs we put in vs the the stock bolts

DSC00016.jpg

here are a couple fun pics, this is opur helper roxy dog

DSC00017.jpg

here is mike torquing down the bearing studs

DSC00019.jpg

and last fun one is me with the im taking a crap face

DSC00020.jpg

here is ta performace 10 bolt girdle all pertied up

DSC00079.jpg

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gurdle looks tight (but what is the purpose? I've never seen one) ummm..... what else.... :uhoh:

oh yeah, your truck is becomming more badass with every little thing you do... what's next, low 11's perhaps? :D So when do you go to the track next?

DSC01841.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

here are some of the wheels ill be using they are centerline 18's with nitto 555r 305/45/18 drag radials.

im going to the track next saturday and sunday. hopefully not breaking anything. im hoping for low 11's. I should see mid to lower 11's off the bottle with the new slicks and everything else running like it should. and really low 11's with the bottle as im only going to run a 50 shot.

the purpose of the girdle is to put pressure on the main caps to prevent flexing, thats also why i did the stud kit, it wasnt 100% necessary but these 10bolts aren tthe strongest rear end possible.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

well we just fired her up and she seems to run ok

here are a few of the other projects

fiberglass 32 ford on shockwaves with a built 350 putting about 400 hp out .

DSC00179.jpg

01 f -150 4wd long travel (currently 18" and keeping the 4wd ) we are working on the rear next

DSC00181.jpg

and here is where we put it down in the back yard

DSC00182.jpg

and here is the SS's home for the past month +

DSC00178.jpg

the switch panel cost 60 bucks, the rest of the n20 set up was around 1k all together

im sure getting close to broke , i really wish i could find a sponser to help pay for an 80e swap

on a fun note we took the truck out late tonight to kill some gas, we kind sorta ran into a titan and he provoked me to show em what my ss had. anyway i was babying it until this guy came up to a light, i took off a little just to keep even and then i let er rip and HOLY CRAP this thing is faster for sure, i instantly heard all tires screeching ( on 22's) and the truck started to drift to the right but corrected itself, i let off right as i shifted into 2nd and i was so far ahead he didnt even try again. as i saw him come up he was looking at out his window doing a bowing gesture. :crackup: .i cant wait to hit the track next week!!