Dash Gauge Help

AggieSS

I just noticed in my SSS that the two gauges in the upper right hand corner of my dash cluster...I think one is oil level and one is the battery indicator are showing to be WAAAAAAAY past the limits. I never noticed this before.

When my truck is running the needles are all the way to the right, like pointing to 3 o'clock...when I turn my truck off, all of the other needles (gas, temp gauges) go back to the left or "off" mode, but the battery and oil gauges just move back a little bit, like to the 2 o'clock angle...which is right at the end of the span.

The other gauges are right where they should be. Im not sure if this is normal and I just never realized it or maybe something is wrong. The only thing I have recently done was the 4 beam mod with the diodes, replaced a couple burned bulbs and added a audio system with lcd radio, subs, capacitor, amps etc.

Does anybody have info on this? I hope Im explaining it right

thanks

your voltage sounds off or your cluster gauge is mis pointed. one is oil pressure and one is voltage, vlotage should be a bit above 14 and oil pressure should be a bit above 40 at idle and go up as rpms increase.

your voltage sounds off or your cluster gauge is mis pointed. one is oil pressure and one is voltage, vlotage should be a bit above 14 and oil pressure should be a bit above 40 at idle and go up as rpms increase.

Is this something that may have happend with the mods I recently made or is this something that just happens sometimes? I have a friend thats a mechanic, so Im sure he should be able to fix it or is it something I can fix myself?

Is it safe to drive or should I get it to the shop immediately? thanks bro

Sounds like the cluster. A few other people have experienced a similar problem. Are you out of warranty? If so then be ready those clusters aren't cheap.

Dave

No, Im still under warranty, but I am about ot make a 1500 mile drive to Texas and was wondering if its safe to drive or if it needs ot be serviced before i leave