What all is stored on the PCM?

Kent's SS

Other than the performance settings, what other information is stored on the PCM?

I had read in another post that when ever they changed the PCM (for taking truck in for service work etc) that it reset the oil change statistics for oil life remaining.

Is there any other data like this that is stored in the unit that would be lost or reset? I'm thinking of driver preferences for mirrors, easy exit seats, seat memory, outside lamps staying on for X seconds, horn honk for locking, etc?

Thanks!

Other than the performance settings, what other information is stored on the PCM?

I had read in another post that when ever they changed the PCM (for taking truck in for service work etc) that it reset the oil change statistics for oil life remaining.

Is there any other data like this that is stored in the unit that would be lost or reset? I'm thinking of driver preferences for mirrors, easy exit seats, seat memory, outside lamps staying on for X seconds, horn honk for locking, etc?

Thanks!

Driver profiling is stored in the BCM, and the BCM then sends the messages off to other modules to execute commands based on the profile selected.

Ex. When Driv1 is pressed, the BCM sends commands to the DDM (Driver Door Module), PDM (Passenger Door Module), and DSM (Driver's Seat Module), IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster), the Radio Module, etc. and those independent modules all then trigger the various outputs for that driver profile. Door modules move the mirror positions, seat module moves the seat, radio module loads the last radio or CD position used by that driver, etc.

Most other driver profile settings are stored in the BCM.