How I got boned out of my Silverado SS (must read)

RPM_King

Good price, great truck. Might have to suck it up and swallow your pride if you want the good deal.

When I was buying our minivan, I worked up the figures with the sales rep and they were reasonable. I went with the "Paperwork guy" and when he said just sign here, I quickly added up all of the figures and it was $1900.00 over what the salesman and I agreed to :icon_bs: The scumbag switched a 60month payment to a 72 and kept the monthly payment exactly the same so I will not notice. He even went as far as making the terms sheet folded behind the monthly payment sheet. Needless to say, my wife and I were so disgusted, we walked out. On my way out, I told my story to a guy looking at a DuraMax in front of a salesman. Wether it was professional on my part or not :dunno: I was really upset at that one.

What dealer in NE PA?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can you feel they are ripping you off when the accepted YOUR offer of $21,000.00? If I were you, I would call them 1st thing in the morning and take the deal.

If not, I'm sure someone else will realize a good deal when they see it.

I have worked with car dealers every day for the last 16 years, and I have seen so many people pass on deals that are so good, even I think about buying whatever it is because I know a good deal when I see one.

That is exactly how I came across my SS. A friend of mine that owns a Dodge dealership took it on trade with 3100 miles, and I knew the price he gave me was good when it was close to $15,000 off the sticker price. The day I went in to pick it up, there was a wholesaler there offering him $500.00 more than what I paid.

I guess my point is, they gave you the price you offered, so step up and do the deal now!!

I agree. You negoiated an offer of 21,xxxx they accepted. I guess I don't understand the issue. All the prices in between was part of the negoiation.

One question though for anyone that reads this far down.....It has 2 antennas on the top.  1 for onStar and 1 for XM.  right?   because they didn't mention anything to me about xm.  only onStar.

as far as i know, if the factory radio doesn't have XM, they wouldn't add the antenna.

I got my 03 SS in December and paid 21K for it with 19K miles...has factory XM radio..so I got two antennas. There is another 03 SS at a Chevy dealership in my area with only 4K miles and they are asking 25K. The one for sale doesnt have XM radio..I didn't think to look for two antennas..I can check it out tomorrow if your still concerned about it.