headers sound clips?

AK04SS

I think way to many people on here are bias to the long tubes. Yes, long tubes are going to get you more power, and a deeper tone, but they trouble that you will go through to bolt them up is far more. Unless you purchase something like the Dynatech, with the cross over piping. Also to feel the gain from a shorty to a long tube with NO MODS(just a tune, and intake) is very very nil.

For people just wating headers shortys are probably the way to go, there are many that directly replace the factory manifold, and will not need anything further than gaskets.

Sorry to jack your post... I do not have a sound clip, of the shortys

yeah, i just want to make my corsa a little more louder. dynatech is insanely expensive! and the I/M people up here are so picky. they wouldnt I/M the truck unless my intake is off. and there are no good Exhaust shops here.

pacesetters do sound good. is there anyway to bolt em up to the stock cats? and would they pass emissions still?

also, bump for shorty video/sound clips.

I think way to many people on here are bias to the long tubes. Yes, long tubes are going to get you more power, and a deeper tone, but they trouble that you will go through to bolt them up is far more. Unless you purchase something like the Dynatech, with the cross over piping. Also to feel the gain from a shorty to a long tube with NO MODS(just a tune, and intake) is very very nil.

For people just wating headers shortys are probably the way to go, there are many that directly replace the factory manifold, and will not need anything further than gaskets.

Sorry to jack your post...  I do not have a sound clip, of the shortys

Are you serious when you say that bolting up a set of long tubes is a PITA???? I guess people see things in different light. I think its cake, these trucks have tons of room to work with.

Gibson, Borla, Edelbrock, bbk all bolt up to the stock manifolds. Gains are less than long tubes, but better than stock manifolds. As far as pace setters bolting up...no, it will require welding and custom fab to install high flow cats etc. Usually about $250-400 including the cats and installation of the headers (Pace setters are about $400 or so, looking at $650-800 out the door). Shorties you could probably do yourself in an afternoon with no welding. I have a sound clip posted in the video section of my pace setters and corsa at idle and short revs...look under my name.

In response to dounome and the long tubes being easy to install...they are. With air tools and correct sockets, it took me 30 minutes to have my stock manifolds off and about an hour total to install the pace setters and have them bolted up ready to run. The time came from having someone weld up the cats and custom make the tubing. That took the shop about 3 hours or so and a little enginuity.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

i think dounome is right as far as space in engine bay. i remember doing jba's shorties on my 01 dakota with 4.7 and on a rack it took almost four hours. still bolt in but there just wasnt any room in that engine bay.

i installed my dynatech's in less than two hours start to finish on a rack. so much more room to work in this truck.

Sorry to jack your post...  I do not have a sound clip, of the shortys

Are you serious when you say that bolting up a set of long tubes is a PITA???? I guess people see things in different light. I think its cake, these trucks have tons of room to work with.

I guess you didn't see what I was saying. Not a pain in the sense that it can't be done, just not in your back yard. Unless you have a cutter, bender, welder... Ect... Or you spend a ton of money and buy something that bolts in this is all I was getting at. For someone just looking for a smidge of sound shortys are the way to go. Alot less cost than long tubes that bolt up directly.