race a maxda6 speed?

shadowsniper3006

Hey guys,

So i got myself into this one at work. I saw a new mazda 6 speed in the parking lot at work and i started to ask questions about who owned it and saying i'd like to run the guy. Turns out someone told him and he is all for a race. I haven't talked the guy personally yet, i just talked to the guy who talked to him. i don't know much about the cars, i know they're AWD, 6 speed and turbo. I heard 275 HP, which is enough HP to worry me! My truck ran a best of 14.340 but runs 14.4 pretty much all the time. What do you guys think should i run him :driving: ....or did i talk myself into a corner. :banghead:

Brad

I would run him and if he wins congratulate him and be cool about it. Nobody wins every race thats the fun of it. I am not sure if you can win or not because I have never seen one run but 275 on an all wheel drive with Turbo sounds pretty stout to me :driving: but I am no mechanic.

You stand a good chance of smoking him, especialy in the 1/8th mile.

This is a quote from Road & Track when they were testing 7 different cars.

"So was it the engine? Unlikely, as its 2.3-liter DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) turbocharged 4-cylinder is second only to the G35x in horsepower (with 274) and tops in torque, 280 lb.-ft. at 3000 rpm. Just a hint of turbo lag shows itself with initial throttle application, but then the Mazdaspeed6 rushes forward as the revs rise (with the loudest intake noise of the group) in a most un-Mazda-like — read "really quickly" — fashion. Power seriously drops off at 5500 rpm, but the car isn't lacking in acceleration: it tied the G35x for second to 60 mph (5.9 sec.) and was third through the quarter mile with a 14.8-sec. run at 86.4 mph."

You stand a good chance of smoking him, especialy in the 1/8th mile.

This is a quote from Road & Track when they were testing 7 different cars.

"So was it the engine? Unlikely, as its 2.3-liter DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) turbocharged 4-cylinder is second only to the G35x in horsepower (with 274) and tops in torque, 280 lb.-ft. at 3000 rpm. Just a hint of turbo lag shows itself with initial throttle application, but then the Mazdaspeed6 rushes forward as the revs rise (with the loudest intake noise of the group) in a most un-Mazda-like — read "really quickly" — fashion. Power seriously drops off at 5500 rpm, but the car isn't lacking in acceleration: it tied the G35x for second to 60 mph (5.9 sec.) and was third through the quarter mile with a 14.8-sec. run at 86.4 mph."

5.9 0-60....this is going to be close. They must have run the car on a real hot day with a hot intake, 14.8 sounds a little slow for that kind of HP. I thought the 350z ran low to mid 14's and the STI with 300hp is running 13's

Oh well, if i lose, i lose. At least it should be real close. I'll try to get him next week.

5.9 0-60....this is going to be close. They must have run the car on a real hot day with a hot intake, 14.8 sounds a little slow for that kind of HP. I thought the 350z ran low to mid 14's and the STI with 300hp is running 13's

Oh well, if i lose, i lose. At least it should be real close. I'll try to get him next week.

Thats quick you might lose with a sub 6 0-60. However you WILL get the jump on him. So :cheers: for that. I ran my friends S4 and took him for a bit (he made a ton of excuses :lol: ) just keep it fun with jokes rollin and safe.

350's run low and sti's run low 13...i think 13.2 or something like that

Thats quick you might lose with a sub 6 0-60. However you WILL get the jump on him. So :cheers: for that. I ran my friends S4 and took him for a bit (he made a ton of excuses :lol: ) just keep it fun with jokes rollin and safe.

350's run low and sti's run low 13...i think 13.2 or something like that

I've taken out a 350 z up to 55mph from a light and i pulled a srt-4 on the highway starting at 75 till about 100, so at least i have a fighting chance with this guy...too bad i can't get it on tape!

Brad

• 4 weeks later...

They had a recall on the mazdaspeed 6. That car that ran that 1/4 mile at 14.8 and 86 mph had not been reflashed. If you come across a reflashed speed 6 stock it will run 14.0s at about 100. They are heavy, now if you come across a Mazdaspeed 3 from a roll, good luck! they dyno exactly the same as the speed 6 but are about 500 pounds lighter.