driving in wet weather

kissfans03ss

Guys i was just curious about our awd trucks,the other day i was making a wide left pulling out of a parking lot a decided to snap the throttle and a funny the happened my truck started coming aroun on me,is this possible with awd and a damp road(it had rained an hour before).I dont think they should come around on us but you never know. :wtf:

Guys i was just curious about our awd trucks,the other day i was making a wide left pulling out of a parking lot a decided to snap the throttle and a funny the happened my truck started coming aroun on me,is this possible with awd and a damp road(it had rained an hour before).I dont think they should come around on us but you never know. :wtf:

:driving: Yes it'll come around on you! :lol: Seriously, get better tires. The stock Goodyears are mostly to blame, they get no traction at all; after I installed my shift kit, servos, & tune my SS would bark all four into 2nd under favorable conditions. I've also jumped from a dead stop at a traffic light on wet pavement and nearly slid sideways into the car next to me (scared the holy piss out of him :lol:)! I bought a set of Pirellis and the traction is far superior, it is much more difficult to break traction.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

On my way home this week one evening I was accelerating from 25mph -65mph in the rain and began to hydroplane. I was not at WOT but very close to it when the rear of the truck started to slide loose at 60mph, :ughdance: I just took my foot off the gas and prepared to go off the road in to trees. Then truck straightened out and I drove home slowly to go change my underwear. Its an 03 so it has awd, which made me think it was the tires that have 45k on them. Maybe less I bought the truck with 24k on it, and could not tell if the previous owner put new tires on it (doubt it). There is a complete tread pattern its just not as thick as it use to be and tire pressure is great.

So

How do you guys decide when it is time for new tires?

the other day i was taking off from a signal and a titan thought he woul dtry me as soon as he hit it i did too and got all four loose and started to get sideways( this was on a nice perfect dry night). i have never driven it in the rain with the blower. i bet it would be fun

On my way home this week one evening I was accelerating from 25mph -65mph in the rain and began to hydroplane.  I was not at WOT but very close to it when the rear of the truck started to slide loose at 60mph, :ughdance:  I just took my foot off the gas and prepared to go off the road in to trees.  Then truck straightened out and I drove home slowly to go change my underwear.  Its an 03 so it has awd, which made me think it was the tires that have 45k on them.  Maybe less I bought the truck with 24k on it, and could not tell if the previous owner put new tires on it (doubt it).  There is a complete tread pattern its just not as thick as it use to be and tire pressure is great. 

So

How do you guys decide when it is time for new tires?

The same way you just did :jester:

:driving: Yes it'll come around on you! :lol: Seriously, get better tires. The stock Goodyears are mostly to blame, they get no traction at all; after I installed my shift kit, servos, & tune my SS would bark all four into 2nd under favorable conditions. I've also jumped from a dead stop at a traffic light on wet pavement and nearly slid sideways into the car next to me (scared the holy piss out of him :lol:)! I bought a set of Pirellis and the traction is far superior, it is much more difficult to break traction.

Mr. P. :)

Steve,

Which Pirellis did you go with ?

Scorpion ATR, Scorpion STR or something else?

Thanks