Tips for my SS

jballer323

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually dropping the tail gate WASN"T a myth in previous body styles. There was an article by a University who did extensive research to validate or falsify the statement. It has a lot to do with aerodynamics and the specific vehicle. There were several vehicles where it did help in improving mileage. But now you are correct, the new body styles it does not help to drop the tailgate.

Be careful ... it will take a lot to make up the money spent on mods to increase mileage. Overall you need to figure out how long it will take you to recover the money you spent on mods by simple small improvement in mileage ... think YEARS ( roughly 2 mpg will save you about 11% a year )

Just drive the sum bitch and smile as you go.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

:driving: DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!! If ya wanted gas milage should have bought a s10. :cool:  :cool:

Thats funny, my last truck was an S10 (well GMC Sonoma, same thing)

And THAT is why I bought a truck with a set of Balls, and damn I love it!

Fuel milage or not when I hit the pedal she GOES! :driving: yah baby!!!!!

Does it get better as the milage (odometer) goes up? I got 11.6 in the city and had never driven on the highway. Then I went to Orlando last week, roughly 500 miles round trip. I noticed 13.1 on the highway, highest its ever been. Even with the trip I still only have 2032 miles on the truck.

Does it get better as the milage (odometer) goes up? I got 11.6 in the city and had never driven on the highway. Then I went to Orlando last week, roughly 500 miles round trip. I noticed 13.1 on the highway, highest its ever been. Even with the trip I still only have 2032 miles on the truck.

do you have any mods done to your truck

No, bone stock.

hmmm... but still it shouldn't be that bad, i remember when mines was stock i was doin about 14.5 city and anywhere between 17.5 - 19.5 on the highway with the cruise set at 72mph but now since i've got exhaust and all those lil doodads i drive it wayyy faster the city drivin dropped to around 14 but highway stays around 18.3 @ 70-72mph, and thats still pretty decent gas milage for our trucks

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

Wish some one had HPtuner software near me to see whats going on, but dont think so in Ft lauderdale (S FL). Thought about buying it for my laptop, but never tinkered with tuning before. And I dont know if that would even see a problem.