Tips for my SS

jballer323

The one thing that everybody forgot ...

If you reduce heat and friction, you improve efficiency, right?

Drain your crankcase and tranny and run AmsOil.

I've had about a 3-4 HWY. MPG. increase just by changing to AmsOil. No expensive mods to make ... and AmsOil is cheaper to use than say Mobil1 or Pennzoil or other oils... :seeya:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and AmsOil is cheaper to use than say Mobil1 or Pennzoil or other oils...   :seeya:
Please share your secret, every time I do a price check AMSOil is like $8-9/qt. Or are you running it 10's of thousands of miles between changes?

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

... and AmsOil is cheaper to use than say Mobil1 or Pennzoil or other oils...   :seeya:
Please share your secret, every time I do a price check AMSOil is like $8-9/qt. Or are you running it 10's of thousands of miles between changes?

Mr. P.

25000 in between changes, and I get it for $9 a qt.

Damn 25k between? It would take me 3 years between oil changes, and that dont make me feel comfortable about it. My last truck I had 8 years (new 1998) and only put 58k on it, then got my SS. that would mean 2 oil changes? is that right?

Mr. P.

wow

Uh-Oh ... looks like I've stirred some doubt ...

Guys, listen ... I've already had 1 oil change where I ran the oil for 23,000 miles.

Know what color the oil was when it came out of the pan? Caramel. Not black, and not golden, but caramel. No burnt smell, and no gasoline odor. I'm telling you, it's good stuff. Otherwise, I wouldn't run it.

The guy that was working w/ me saved my used oil to run in his Blazer that had a 4.3L. I think he's still running it ... prolly has put at least 8,000 more miles on it.

It's good stuff. I swear by it. :flag:

Mr. P.

Ever think about becoming a perfer member through amsoil

https://www.amsoil.com/AmsoilLogin/PreferredApp.aspx

You pay a yr membership for 20$ but I think the quarts are like 6 instead of 9$ Just a thought If you really like the oil...

Mr. P.

this is the problem i have with amsoil. i wouldnt care if its made out of titanium mudbut. i would never ever run the same oil in my rig for that long. period.