new tundra is a big pig but hauls

sirk

Foreign & Fugly. This is your average consumer reports:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...E/70105005/1057

direct quote:

every Tundra buyer has the option of installing a 5.7-liter, 381-hp, 401-lb-ft V8 hooked to a six-speed automatic transmission. That tops GM’s bread-and-butter 6.0-liter V8 by 14 hp and 26 lb-ft (though the GMC Sierra Denali’s 6.2-liter V8 is more powerful); it isn’t even worth talking about how far the other competitors are behind.

WOAH!! 14HP and 26lbft!! Not even close huh!? We are so far behind... :icon_bs:

i think the article ment how far behind dodge and nissan and especially ford are. gm is close. especially since they practically have to start putting the 6l80e in half tons.

because

5.7 + their trans = lots of torque management

6.1 + their trans = lots more TM

they can put all the horsepower they want in the engine but their transmission and pcm will only hold them back further. the 6.1 would have even more drivetrain loss than the 5.7. a better transmission is whats needed to do the 6.1.

i think the article ment how far behind dodge and nissan and especially ford are. gm is close. especially since they practically have to start putting the 6l80e in half tons.

Yeah I'm wondering when Fords gonna get into the competition. I dont think they really care, they sell enough trucks as is.

I just got the new issue of Truck Trend magazine last night. They tested the new Tundra. Get this...0-60 in 6.0! 1/4 mile in 14.6! Holy sh$%! This same magazine tested the AWD SS 6.6 seconds 0-60 and with a 14.9 quarter (not same issue). That's a pretty substantial difference. They are still not very good looking trucks, but very capable.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

I just got the new issue of Truck Trend magazine last night. They tested the new Tundra. Get this...0-60 in 6.0! 1/4 mile in 14.6! Holy sh$%! This same magazine tested the AWD SS 6.6 seconds 0-60 and with a 14.9 quarter (not same issue). That's a pretty substantial difference. They are still not very good looking trucks, but very capable.

Mike

i'll remember that when i pull up to on at the light... :banghead:

Mike

i'll remember that when i pull up to on at the light... :banghead:

all the more excuse for spending a little $$$ on a Vig!!! :ughdance: