Smokey and the Bandit Fans?

It has just been announced there will be a 30th anniversary cruise retracing the route traveled by the Snowman and Bandit. We will meet in Dallas and end up in Atlanta for the YearOne experience that starts on May 18th and runs through the 20th. I'm also trying to arrange a tour to many of the actual movie shoot locations in and around Jonesboro, GA just south of Atlanta. YearOne has also just announced they are working with Burt Reynolds to build a new resto-mod series of the 1977 Bandit style Trans Am. It's also rumored they are trying to book him as a special guest at the YearOne experience. All Trans Am owners and Smokey and the Bandit fans are welcome. If anyone would like more info just PM me. Thanks.

I am glad to see another pontiac fan.
:seeya: 1977 T/A 4spd was my first car; never went slower than 75 in that car :D I've now got a 1970 RA-III Formula 4spd.

Mr .P. :)

Mr P, how is your latest resto going on your 70? i remember you saying you wanted to make some upgrades with it. You interested in this tour to atlanta? :driving:

Mr P, how is your latest resto going on your 70? i remember you saying you wanted to make some upgrades with it. You interested in this tour to atlanta? :driving:
:sigh: Yeah well the hood's still up. Halfway through changing valvesprings (routine maintenance). Got the interior all back in it (new carpet), and the tranny repaired and reinstalled. The 12-bolt rear is *completely* destroyed so that will have to be rebuilt plus I'm sure I will have to do a brake job, quicky carb cleaning, & new plug wires but that's it, it'll then be ready for TX tags.

Would love to go on the road trip, that would be kick ass :P Depends on timing because my kids fly out from CA for the summer around that time. I also might ride with someone and split expenses.

Mr. P.

I love the smokey and the bandit movies, when I was a kid all I wanted to be was burt reynolds when I got older. I,m in the same situation as Mr.P though,I have an 88 GTA that is in the middle of an LS1 install, I already have a 9" rear built trans and susp. 8pt cage,and air ride with adj. shocks struts. hopefuly I can get it done in time because I would love to go.

I need to get another Pontiac hot rod.  :(
Regrets are a killer. What kind of Pontiac are you thinking of?

Either a 66-67 GTO or a 77-79 T/A. 4 speed prefferably.

I already have an engine combo picked out. I have a set of #13 heads, and one of the engine builers over at PZ (Pacific Performance Racing) has some cranks that are a 3" main with a 4" stroke. Combine that with a 400 block and have a small journal 428.