Look what I did (lq9 carnage)

04CHASE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks man... sorry to hear about that bro!!

I see its cylinder #7... Why do I have a funny suspicion that the recent tuning caused it to run a little more leaner than normal and blow up #7? oh well. Good luck with the new motor!! Really shows how bullet proof the tranny is to outlast the motor with that kind of power!!

Sucks man...  sorry to hear about that bro!!

I see its cylinder #7...  Why do I have a funny suspicion that the recent tuning caused it to run a little more leaner than normal and blow up #7?  oh well.  Good luck with the new motor!!  Really shows how bullet proof the tranny is to outlast the motor with that kind of power!!

i dont think its the tuning because if it was lean it most likly would have burned a hol ein the piston or at least burned the machine marks off the top of the piston, they were all still there so i dont think lean was an issue. i still cant rule out detonation but from looking at it , it seems as if the piston failed ,there are score marks from the pin at the top of the cylinder . suggesting the pin was still in the rod when the piston detached. and then from there the rod hit the cylinder wall on broke the rod itself it then hit the block wall and broke more and also broke the block wall. i dont think the cylinders were run lean becasue it was still pretty easy to see all of the machine marks on the top of pistons.

The only reason why i assume it was too lean and detonating is because the stock Chevy intake manifold is notorious for running #7 leaner than normal, and when its not tuned right usually thats the first piston to blow up. Than again, maybe #7's parts just decided to fail right after messing with the tune and its a coincidence, you may never know... good luck with the new motor dude!!!! Hope u hit the low 11's with it man.

The only reason why i assume it was too lean and detonating is because the stock Chevy intake manifold is notorious for running #7 leaner than normal, and when its not tuned right usually thats the first piston to blow up.  Than again, maybe #7's parts just decided to fail right after messing with the tune and its a coincidence, you may never know... good luck with the new motor dude!!!!  Hope u hit the low 11's with it man.

yeah 7 and 8 are known for getting lean becasue they get more air. but being that

they do get leaner is possibly they got hotter from runnign a tad leaner over time and caused them to get brittle. then this finally happened. but i know 7 and 8 getting leaner is more of a problem with forced induction.

the new motor im building im aiming for close to 1000 flywheel hp and trying to reach my goal of 10's

That is freaking awesome! Can't replace carnage like that.

I have a nice wall of shame collection from my fathers blown boat motors, snowmobile motors, etc.

My favorite one is with a 2.25" valve stuck into the top of a piston upside down.....

That is a sight :devil:

Note to self - use forged pistons!!!  :jester:

Sorry man, total bummer you lost that head too.

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

No wonder the crank was frozen. What was that, a chunk of a rod lodged in there? You know it bad when you pull the pan and the top half of the piston is is in there.

Good luck on the new one.

The only reason why i assume it was too lean and detonating is because the stock Chevy intake manifold is notorious for running #7 leaner than normal, and when its not tuned right usually thats the first piston to blow up.  Than again, maybe #7's parts just decided to fail right after messing with the tune and its a coincidence, you may never know... good luck with the new motor dude!!!!  Hope u hit the low 11's with it man.

yeah 7 and 8 are known for getting lean becasue they get more air. but being that

they do get leaner is possibly they got hotter from runnign a tad leaner over time and caused them to get brittle. then this finally happened. but i know 7 and 8 getting leaner is more of a problem with forced induction.

the new motor im building im aiming for close to 1000 flywheel hp and trying to reach my goal of 10's

Might as well get a 80E now that everything is off :D

Yeah that guy Parish is putting out those kind of numbers, and theres no way he could run a 65E. With that new motor, I have a feeling we would be seeing pics like this of the 65E shortly after!!

I am still planning on going twin turbo on a 408 block and doing the 80E conversion later this year. I dont think I will be keeping the AWD though. I am shooting for 10's also, but 9's may be possible.