Lowered ECSB VHO GUYS! Come In!

CHEVY6000VHO

How many of you ECSB VHO guys with a 2-piece driveshaft have lowered the rear 3-4"????

If so, what all was needed to get rid of the vibrations from this?

I'm up to 4* shims and have yet to get rid of all the vibrations. I've used 1 & 2* shims both ways and those did not fix it. The 4* shims (installed with fat side to front) seem to get rid of the hard acceleration vibrations, but I still have a low speed shudder around 10-20mph under normal driving.

Anyone here have any of these problems?

Jim

I have the same problem and I only have a 2" drop in the rear. I've tried 4* and 2*.

I'm going to remove the drop shackles and install the 3" leaf spring kit with the stock shackles. Apparently this option retains the stock pinion angle, thus no vibration.

I have the same problem and I only have a 2" drop in the rear.  I've tried 4* and 2*.

I'm going to remove the drop shackles and install the 3" leaf spring kit with the stock shackles.  Apparently this option retains the stock pinion angle, thus no vibration.

Please post back and let us know how it goes

I have shackles and hanger with 3* shims and a carrier bearing relocator with no vibrations. I am dropped 4"

Where did you get the 3* shims???? Everyone seems to say they do not exhist. Belltech, Ground Force, McGaughy's, and other shops cannot seem to find these 3* shims that are 2-1/2" wide.

The carrier bearing relocator has helped since today it was raised up higher. I haven't raised it as high as it will go yet. I'm also using 2* shims.

Which way do you have your shims installed?? Fat side facing the front?

I have a slight vibration between 35-45mph, but that's it. I'm not sure if it is going to be in the carrier or pinion angle.

I took it to a driveshaft shop today (Randy's Driveshafts). The shop foreman Andy took readings from under my truck with a digital angle finder and measured the length of both driveshafts. He then input the nubers into a computer software program.

He said that it should not be vibrating with the anlysis the program gave him.

So, if that's true, why is there still a vibration?

He told me if it still vibrates, to bring the entire driveshaft assembly and yokes to him and he will check them for being out of round and high speed balance them.

I can't believe this vibration crap from just a 3" drop in the rear...

I'll never lower a truck ever again after all of these issues. It's just not worth the headaches. I could have had my mods installed by now.....

Jim

I have shackles and hanger with 3* shims and a carrier bearing relocator with no vibrations. I am dropped 4"

hows the ride

I also have the same as jon droped 4 inches with the carrier bearing relocator, i have a very slight slight slight vibration only cuz my relocator doesn't go as high as jon's

And the ride is real close to stock... I have removed the bumper, spare, and tow reciever so it is lighter in the rear and a little more bounce to it, with weight its smooth.

Looks like the VHO trucks have too many issues when you lower them. I think I will be taking my drop off.

I will not drive it with vibrations.......harsh or slight.

There must be something wrong with the driveline geometry with these trucks. Everyone with a drop on these trucks has problems.

The truck drove great before the drop. Now it's chaos left and right. I am beginning to hate my truck now.

I have tomarrow evenning and Saturday to try a few more things. There is one other shop in Houston that wants to give a shot at it before I throw the towel in on it and put it back to stock.

This sucks, I really liked the way it looked.

Jim

Looks like the VHO trucks have too many issues when you lower them. I think I will be taking my drop off.

There must be something wrong with the driveline geometry with these trucks. Everyone with a drop on these trucks has problems.

The truck drove great before the drop. Now it's chaos left and right. I am beginning to hate my truck now.

I have tomarrow evenning and Saturday to try a few more things. There is one other shop in Houston that wants to give a shot at it before I throw the towel in on it and put it back to stock.

Jim, please keep us posted.

good luck, I hope they can find the problem

Jim, please keep us posted.

good luck, I hope they can find the problem

DON'T KNOW WHAT GIVES WITH THE DOUBLE POST, BOARD THROWING ME ALL OVER THE PLACE :confused:

i have 2 inch spindles w/keys on front and rear flip 6 inch shock extenders and stock carrier location very smooth ride no shakes or vibrations except bump steer i just got djm tie rod flip kit and will install soon :driving: