HID Kit

NashSS

I'm wanting to buy a HID conversion kit for my SSS and was wondering where to buy it from and what K i should get. I've read you guys like the 8000K kit and I've looked on ebay but theres so many I'm not sure what best, this will be my first time with a HID kit so help me out. Thanks.

If you can pull it off, try to find some projector housings also. That will get you the most out of the conversion. Our stock housings just arent made for the type of lighting and dont focus it properly, but it dose work a hell of alot better than stock. I saw some of those housings online, cant rememeber who had them though. If I can dig it up i'll post the link.

I have the McCulloch 8000k. They work great. If you look at the truck they look a little bluish but if you are in the drivers seat looking out it is a very bright white. I was going to get the 6000k but i was worried about them being to bright for on coming traffic (i heard they are really bright) i have yet to see them in person however. I am very happy with my purchase of the 8000k and they are way better than stock. I got them on ebay (forget the seller but if i find him i will let you know)

I'm wanting to buy a HID conversion kit for my SSS and was wondering where to buy it from and what K i should get. I've read you guys like the 8000K kit and I've looked on ebay but theres so many I'm not sure what best, this will be my first time with a HID kit so help me out. Thanks.

I've got 8000k's right now and have had some 6000k bulbs. I was much happier with the 6000k's. They weren't any brighter, but they threw out a lot more usable light. The 8000k and higher make it more dificult to see not because they are dimmer,but they are a darker color and contain less white.

I have had the 6k but now have the 8k and like them much better. Make sure you get the whole kit which includes a dual transformer setup for each bulb. I got them on ebay for about $250. The guy I got them from is zgperformance. If I remember correctly, you need the 9005 kit for the Chevy truck.

Worth every dime! Make sure you mount the transformers with sheetmetal screws. I took off the grill assy to make it easier.