New Toy ... W-2

Stitches040

As some of your know ... I am also a Volunteer Firefighter for my town.

This is our new Engine. It's a 2006 Sutphen, Custom. 1500 gpm pump, all the toys, and a mear 470 hp. Detroit 60 series .... BTW ... came in just under $400,000 USD ... , and I mean "Just" ....

You can check out our Department at Williamstown FIre Department (C/O www.localfirehouse.com) ... Check pesonnel .... I'm under "Engineers" aka ... Shuan

1716_a_094902.jpg

1629_a_212834.jpg

1628_a_212913.jpg

Pump Panel ... It looks a lot harder to operate, than it really is ....

1713_a_093744.jpg

The "Three Ladies" ....

21741DEPT_20061228234746.jpg

Do your town a favor ... Look them up at Local Firehouse .com

surely you mean $400,000. i work at a International dealership and we work on fire trucks all the time a mechanic was telling me that some of those firetrucks with the lift ladder things on them can cost 1 million dollars + thats insane

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

Serious question - in this digital age they don't have those pumps/valves computer controlled or computer assisted yet?

Mr. P.

You still need the Human element to do the thinking.... Too much going on, so you want a person to be able to adapt and shut down in the case of emergency. The Presure governer is computerized.

Sorry guys .... yeah, $400 K ... (updated with a comma)

my boss is a volunteer firefighter also. we do alot of work for municipalties in our area, we do lights on police cars, firetrucks and ambulances. and we know how much these things run, a small light bar is easly $1000-3000. never mind doing a whole truck. after working here i actually notice and like rescue vechiles so much more. i love it, we also do ambupro if you know what that is.~~~nice truck looks good

quote "Serious question - in this digital age they don't have those pumps/valves computer controlled or computer assisted yet?"

Mr. P.

i work for a full time hall in alberta canada. we have a pierce pumper that is all electric guages and controls to answer your question. it puts out about 2500 gpm and has a turret on the top that moves concrete parking lot gurders at a hundred feet like there pebbles. its great. we are getting 2 new colet jaguars for the airport expansion thats going up here.

seriously, u should see our volunteer fire department in my community. they usually arrive just in time to say "yep its a goner" seriously a brick house burned to the ground a mile from the fire department how embarassing. i wish they had one of those trucks but they have like a 1960 water truck and the last time there was an accident they ran over a car before they got there. so if theres ever a fire in my neighborhood u might as well unzip ur pants and get to work :ughdance: . that or grab a waterhose.

Edited by Allstar55566 (see edit history)