Upgrading the fuel system

ok well ive come to the conlusion that returnless systems suck badly. my fuel pressure is horribly erratic when going to 10 +psi and it goes down to the low 50 psi from 60 psi at idle and cruise. I have been researching a way to make my system handle upwards of 1000 fwhp and be a return style system. so i know that the fuel lines will need to be upgraded to much larger hose as well as a bigger fuel pump or pumps , new fuel rails and boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. so this is what i have found in my search

this is my first choice right now

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/corvette...fuel_system.htm

it cost about 1500 bucks and its coming from austrailia it utilizes twin walbro intank pumps. the part i like best is its almost bolt on and i can use the stock fuel level sender.

the second option is im pretty sure nasty performance can make me a setup but im waiting on a word back from them but it will also use twin in tank walbro pumps with a hobbs switch to turn one of and on when not in boost and going into boost.

the last thing i have planned and will possibly do it anyway is adding a methanol setup from alky control . i know when you use meth you can lean it out a little since the meth acts a fuel agent. so this may help keep the stock fuel system but i know something still needs to be done to at least gwith more boost on the new motor.

i have started a thread on perftrucks also . i just want to see if anyone can give me some feedback or possibly new ideas here.

right now my only fuel upgrades are intake single walbro 255lph , magnavolt bap, and to answer your question i am using the mototron 60;s for a good while now and im almost at 96 idc at some points.

that is a nice set up, but personally i like the aeromotive systems alot better. they should be capable of alot more fuel. also running a sump would be a huge benifit. still gonna be in the 1500 range though. they tend to be alot more consistant. also if you run their electronics, you will eliminate the relays and use solid state electronics which is alot more efficient and trouble free. on of the nicest things is that you can program it to cut voltage at cruise and idle so the fuel dosen't get heated up with a returnless system. :thumbs:

well right now im trying to keep the stock fuel cell and usually with a sump setup you need a new cell and that isnt cheap. i do like aeromtive stuff to but it would be nice to be able to almost have something that is plug n play. id like to up the pressure to 70 psi so i coul d get a bit more out of these injectors.

well right now im trying to keep the stock fuel cell and usually with a sump setup you need a new cell and that isnt cheap. i do like aeromtive stuff to but it would be nice to be able to almost have something that is plug n play. id like to up the pressure to 70 psi so i coul d get a bit more out of these injectors.

I sense a slight redundency here. The rest of you truck is all custom worked over. I think you could fabricate a much more superior fuel system for the same price using other parts. building an aluminum sump tank for our truck should really only cost in the 3-4 hundred range. plus the benifits of the superior fueling is a huge bonus (especially in your case. if you plan on making that engine push 1000 horse with forced induction. I think you should have a fueling system capable of about 1200 horse so their aren't problems with running out of fuel. Just my 2 cents but that other system is put together very nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

04Chase what's the latest on this. I think I'm going to start trying to gather up some parts to convert mine to a return system. I called on some fuel lines today, it looks like they will be about 160 bucks so I need to figure out what else I need to get.

im going with a complete set up. im using the stock basket, dual walbro pumps, im using the stock feedline as a return and im making a new feedline with -8 hose. one pump will be on a hobbs switch and im using a boost referenced fpr and this will go on the vic jr intake.