Upgrading the fuel system

with what th eidc were at on my fuel injectors and it was still running a bit lean i calculated 800 at the crank but the fuel system definately couldnt keep up. id sau the returnless could be made to handle about 550-600 hp with a intank pump and a boost a pump, id guess you would still see some fuel press drop though. the returb pre-03 could handle a bit more though.

any news on the motor? i'm excited for you bro

Was that 800 hp with the nitrous or without? If it was with nitrous how much were you spraying? Any tranny problems at that level?

no never sprayed the nitrous. the tranny has handled it so far. but who knows how long it will last.

yeah im going to do somehting on it. the people i have that are doing it want me to do a write up since it iwll be the first of its kind. they are workign on it right now and it should be done soon .

I read a post a while back ago about an Australian company selling a complete system that included a small tank(sump) with a fuel pump and lines ready to go. It was supposed to help by not allowing the pump to go dry when launching hard. I will go back and see if I can find that post.

I read a post a while back ago about an Australian company selling a complete system that included a small tank(sump) with a fuel pump and lines ready to go. It was supposed to help by not allowing the pump to go dry when launching hard. I will go back and see if I can find that post.
yeah i have seen that also but its going to cost about the same price i am paying to do the entire system. the only thing is i willl need about 1/4-1/3 tank when racing. im doing completely new lines and everything.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you tried racetronix?

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

yes i have , but they dont do the actual modifing of the baskets. there is a link to lonnies performance on their website. thats who is doing the basket for me. the rest of the fuel set up is coming from nasty performance. im hoping it will show up here next week. then i can get to installign the bucket and fuel lines. i will have to wait for the motor before i can put all of the fuel rails and intake together. shoul dbe a fun process.

Just my two cents, I'd go with a returnless system. A return system heats up your fuel under pressure and sends it back to the tank heating up the rest of your fuel. And i think fuel (91 octaine) boils at 95-100 F. You definatly dont want heat in you fuel when you got forced induction.

well the new fuel system is now on the way and should be here next week. the install shouldnt be too hard. i willl post pics of my progress. i could have gone returnless but seeing how many people have problems with it im going to somethign that is proven. hopefull good results to follow. now just need to get my engine back and i should be ready .

hopefully mkae it to the track before the cold leaves so cal.