gunning it

ssaman

Ok so I know I dont have my SS yet. But the two times I test drove it the acceleration felt like I wasnt in controle. like I pressed the gas and the computer processed it and then activated a machine to rev it up. Is there anything I can do once I get it to make it feel like my foot is making it go, not a computer?! thanks!!! :thumbs:

i remember when i test drove my SSS, the thing that stuck out to me was how the back end bounced around more than my 99 4x4.

id still love to stiffen that up, but keep the factory stance.. im in the miniority of those who like the factory stance, stock silver rims and bumpers.

Electronic Throttle control does take some getting used to ...

Can't complain here ... mine's always been lighting quick as far as response ...

You want to feel a noticeable delay ... try driving an '07 Monte Carlo ... there was a full .50 sec. delay from the time I commanded WOT to the time it actually happened ...

Can't complain here ... mine's always been lighting quick as far as response ...

:withstupid: My SS has good throttle response, it'll jump off the line; plus remember that there are lots of DBW vehicles that have under 1.65-sec 60-ft times (cars and trucks both). If you drove one that felt sluggish then it needed a tune-up or tuning or both. The only thing that I cannot get used to is that there is no return spring pressure like a carburated vehicle, and the tranny kicks hard enougn into 2nd at part throttle that my foot is lifted off the gas!

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

That throttle may take some getting used to, i never minded mine when i got it. One thing to remember is that the electronic throttle is well worth it, it aids in performance at any acceleration rate and optimal efficiency. Much better than a cable, it just takes time to get used to. good luck

ES :flag:

:withstupid: My SS has good throttle response, it'll jump off the line; plus remember that there are lots of DBW vehicles that have under 1.65-sec 60-ft times (cars and trucks both). If you drove one that felt sluggish then it needed a tune-up or tuning or both. The only thing that I cannot get used to is that there is no return spring pressure like a carburated vehicle, and the tranny kicks hard enougn into 2nd at part throttle that my foot is lifted off the gas!

Mr. P.

:withstupid: about having my foot lifted off of the gas on the 1-2 shift. I've even had it happen if I'm on a slight incline, and I'm starting off from a stop. When I hit the throttle, and I'm not meaning to punch it hard, when the truck takes off, there's enough inertia to lift my foot back up off the pedal, and it slows down ...

on part throttle takeoffs when turning a corner or even on a decline/incline my throttle jumps. my foot then lifts slightly, i gas it a little to compensate and i end up with a jerky start. my wife hates it and tries to tell me i'm doing it on purpose. can the sensitivity be reduced a little with a tune, or am i stuck looking like an idiot when i pull out into some intersections?

and yes, i do know how to drive. :ughdance: