EFI Live

Orion231

Ok here's the deal... I am overseas right now and ordered an STS kit with GT-67 Turbo, Front Mount IC, methanol injection, injectors, fuel pump booster, exhaust, electronic boost controller, etc...

I have been researching for a tuner that gives me plenty of options and flexibility and I thik EFI Live is the right choice. My question for you guys is simple.

My father is installing the STS kit at home - minus welding, will be done at a shop - and no transmission modifications have been done yet. I plan to order EFI Live soon and he will attempt to do a basic tune himself.

With the new, larger injectors, and lack of transmission modifications, what do you reccomend for him to do first off? I told him to compensate for additional fuel, and see if there is any way to basicly detune the truck so that we do not harm the tranny until I can have it beefed up when I return in March. I am not concerned about performance just yet. Just do not want the STS kit to frag the transmission. Anyone ever been in this position before have any advice?

Also, after tryng to negoatiate EFI Live's website, I have decided that it may be cheaper and better to purchase it from a dealer. Any preferences?

Thanks for your time...

Hold up on buying it. Im trying to get you guys a MAJOR discount group buy "and bonus thing" for the EFILive software on the V1 and the V2 units.

I have pmed the mod on here asking for instructions on how to set up for me to do this for you guys.

The Price will be More than worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Ill send another pm to the man in charge today on the site. I want to help you guys out for sure.. As soon as i get word i will post the details.

Sorry I missed your post the first time - I'm very interested in this prospective group purchase.

Mr. P. :)