radix install. lean?

sirk

well. i did the install of the radix this last weekend. runs great except that on a cold startup it will give me the DTC 171 and 174 ( systym to lean ). i cleared it the first time and it ran perfect for a day. no knocking or pinging. its hitting a bang on 6 psi of boost. then i started it up the next day and the light came on again. anyone have a idea what could cause this. my fuel pressure sits at like 61 most of the time and goes to about 56 when at full throttle high up. i havent really been getting on it cause i dont wanna break anything. the light only comes on at idle when its cold so maybe its only when the engines getting more dense air because its well below 0 here. but i dont know. any ideas?

Did you use the hand held programmer from Magnuson or get a custom tune? If you used the hand held programmer, call Magnuson. If you have a custom tune, call the tuner and let them know whats going on. Did you change anything else that didnt come with the kit like MAF, etc...? Sounds like it may be a tuning issue.

i used the superchips from magnacharger. i do have a granetteli mas on the truck though. i was gonna through the stock one back on to see if it makes a difference. i checked all the hoses and retorqued everything already.

Definetly throw the stocker back on and dump the GMAFS. I'm willing to bet that might be part of the problem. The Superchips programmer is not programed for hte after market MAF. I'm not sure what the fuel pressure should be either. Who did you buy the kit from? You could try to pm Frank at revolutionraceworks and see what he thinks, he has experience with the Radix extensively as he is an authorized dealer. He might be able to provide you with a custom tune...which wouldnt be a bad idea...Oh...and he drives a Vmax also.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

well. i just went and checked. the shop that i ordered my pulley through gave me a 3.2 instead of a 3.3. im guessing this is why im get a lean code on start up. once the truck is warm it does not send the code out. only comes on at idle when cold. does anyone know if i should be safe driving around for the next few days until i get the 3.3 in.

Safe to drive? Maybe, but one WOT run could be bad. You have no way of knowing just how lean you are or how much KR you have without scanning. It would probably be easier to get a tune for the 3.25 unless you want to run with a warranty from magnuson...did you purchase the warranty?

Something else I just thought of...the pulley size shouldn't matter at start up because you are not in boost at start up, the blower is just an intake at start up. The pulley would matter only under boost, creating heat. Your problem is something other than the pulley for a start up lean condition.

i will try as soon as i get home from work. im starting to think its the maf for sure. ill then run it easy like that until i get the 3.3. as for it running lean. i believe that the superchips tune should work fine for a little bit as it is a very rich tune for the 3.3. it should have no problem feeding the 3.2. or so i understand.

Edited by sirk (see edit history)

well ive done some further research and found it is very common for the GMAF to set off these two codes at the same time. this things comin off right now. worked fine on my truck NA but not anymore.

i used the superchips from magnacharger. i do have a granetteli mas on the truck though. i was gonna through the stock one back on to see if it makes a difference. i checked all the hoses and retorqued everything already.

put the stock mas back on

well ive done some further research and found it is very common for the GMAF to set off these two codes at the same time. this things comin off right now. worked fine on my truck NA but not anymore.

I had one also, with there handheld tune. I know thats what it was, I'm doing a SC in a month or so the tuner told me that mas has to go

later