• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im also inn

I do have an Idea for the calendars.

If it could be formated like the Hooters Calendars are that would give most or all of the members a chance to have their truck

show up in the calendar. now the top 12 is a different story that could be what we all vote on. as far as the rest of us we could outline the top truck of each month with different pics of our rides in smaller shots kinda like a border.

Just an Idea

and you can put me down for at least 2

Chris-

:chevy:

It was talked about before adding smaller pic but was going to cost so much extra money ...

well if everyones down for it than they shouldnot mind to pay more money for their ride to show up in a calendar

I would pay 30 or 40 $ for one it thats what it took to have my truck show up and I would buy 2 at that. :chevy:

:withstupid:

I'm good for 2. :thumbs:

By the way ... if no one has already done this, (I didn't read the whole thread) ... props to BOB47 for making the HUGE effort to coordinate this project, and his wife for keeping the books on it.

That is HUGE people! :eek:

They are taking on a TON of extra work for us ... we need to do something for them ... anyone have any ideas?

Not to take anything away from him... but i was the one to actually bring this idea out to everyone.. (minus the GA people).... i even stated that i would do the cover / layout...

I'm very thankful that he & his wife have taken the time to get numbers / take control of this... :)

at the moment... i have drako's truck on the cover... only b/c i was bored last night and found a kick ass pic from his recent "artistry"...=)

meh...just wanted to rant about how i'm gettin left out in the cold here... :rant:

but i do thank you Bob for all your work!!!!

edit... btw... i'd get 1 maybe 2

Edited by Fallen.One05 (see edit history)

I'm good for 2. :thumbs:

By the way ... if no one has already done this, (I didn't read the whole thread) ... props to BOB47 for making the HUGE effort to coordinate this project, and his wife for keeping the books on it.

That is HUGE people! :eek:

They are taking on a TON of extra work for us ... we need to do something for them ... anyone have any ideas?

Not to take anything away from him... but i was the one to actually bring this idea out to everyone.. (minus the GA people).... i even stated that i would do the cover / layout...

I'm very thankful that he & his wife have taken the time to get numbers / take control of this... :)

at the moment... i have drako's truck on the cover... only b/c i was bored last night and found a kick ass pic from his recent "artistry"...=)

meh...just wanted to rant about how i'm gettin left out in the cold here... :rant:

but i do thank you Bob for all your work!!!!

edit... btw... i'd get 1 maybe 2

Actually Your not... This topic was started abput a yr ago when you werent even a member then... G Alley has been talking since Jan 31 2006, 10:17 AM. You might of started a topic in the general area but It was already in the works at that time... :cheers:

that's why i stated (minus GA) b/c i knew ya'll had been discussing it for awhile... (which i found out after i started the topic)

no harm...no foul... just ranting... =P

Ah Missed the GA part in your post... No harm done... Always see someone will to help get this done since its been talked about so much :cheers:

Just a thought BOB47 .... Did we think of seeing if the Site Sponsors want to make a Sponsorship donation, to be placed along he bottom of the Calender ...??? Could cut down on the initial start-up costs, and they get 12 months of advertisement??

Just an Idea ... Call me if you need some help.

Shuan

i mentioned that as well....in the other thread...

Just a few other things i have thought of...

If some of the sponsers wanted to kick in a few bucks... i'm sure we could sell some space on the calendar....(somewhere)... That would help us reach that 8K goal.... and... instead of nabbing a great deal somewhere... we could always try..

i mentioned that as well....in the other thread...

Just a few other things i have thought of...

If some of the sponsers wanted to kick in a few bucks... i'm sure we could sell some space on the calendar....(somewhere)... That would help us reach that 8K goal.... and... instead of nabbing a great deal somewhere... we could always try..

Dually Noted ... :thumbs:

regardless of how and when it was started, it's a great idea and THANK YOU to everyone involved in the planning and design of the calendar. It will be a hit. :thumbs::thumbs:

as for everyone else, we gotta make it up to you somehow.

however, i've been flip-flopping about this. i agree with Holty that it should be Jan. that gives everyone more time to do things to their trucks and it gives those in foul weather areas a chance to get some shots without snow.

that's why i think we should do a 6 month one.... as a tryout... =-/

if it flys... then start production on the 2008 one in august / september. that way it would be finished by the end of october... and could be printed by Christmas time!

just an idea though..

First, let me apoligize to Fallen.One05. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thread. We've been talking about a calendar for a while and nobody was doing anything but talking so I decided to jump in and do it. If you or anyone else wants to do it, I'll be glad to send what info. i have to you and I'll just buy one when they're one. Whatever the members want. Until told otherwise, I'll continue because I want to see this happen. I do thank you for bringing up the topic of calendars again. It helped to get the ball rolling.

Personally, I don't like the idea od a 6 month calendar because I don't think it would sell and would actually cost almost as much as a 12 month one. The printer is supposed to call me back tomorrow with prices for an 18 month one. This may be more do-able. I'm thinking do a July to June one this year and if it goes well, do an 18 month one next year. Again, whatever everyone wants is o.k. with me. We'll see how the voting goes. Majority rules.

I appreciate the offers of help but I think I've got it under control so far. Fallen.One05, thanks for offering to do the design. I just thought it would be easier to do it "in house" since the printer knows exactly what they need and what formats, etc.

The idea of having sponsors maybe chip in is a great idea whoever came up with it. I'll e-mail Zane (Mervz) and see what he thinks.

Keep posting ideas people. Some good ones so far.