The Vent In The Ceiling

jeffnjill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol::lol::lol::lol: jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!! if i i dont stop laughin like this at work ima get in trouble, does everything have to be a debate? im gonna go with the guy who actually took it apart..it doesnt come down to more simple of an answer than that. BUT in defense of those who said on-star..that what i was told it was. but if you really have to just know...call on-star and put ur ear up to it..its not a speaker. and if you speak into it...they cant hear you. dont ask me how i know :nono: besides, the temperature thing makes more sense...how else would the thingy on the rearview mirror know what temperature to put up there?

ok, thats my 2 cents. ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!! if i i dont stop laughin like this at work ima get in trouble, does everything have to be a debate? im gonna go with the guy who actually took it apart..it doesnt come down to more simple of an answer than that. BUT in defense of those who said on-star..that what i was told it was. but if you really have to just know...call on-star and put ur ear up to it..its not a speaker. and if you speak into it...they cant hear you. dont ask me how i know :nono: besides, the temperature thing makes more sense...how else would the thingy on the rearview mirror know what temperature to put up there?

ok, thats my 2 cents. ;)

Speaking of the thing on the mirror... If you hit the COMP button does it give you compartment temps? Mine just turns off. I only get external temps. Is this normal?

Speaking of the thing on the mirror... If you hit the COMP button does it give you compartment temps? Mine just turns off. I only get external temps. Is this normal?

Not having my manual directly in front of me, I believe the "comp" button is for the compass feature. You use that to turn on/off and to calibrate. Also, the temp is outside temp. I believe that probe terminates just behind the grille in the lower support. Anyone out there that has had their grille off notice the wire with a connector on it that snaps into the core support? Is this the sensor for the outside temp?

Archived