Tranny Mods Install Recoomendations

aright so i have the Yank TT2600 TQ, Trans-go Shift Kit, 2nd & 4th gear servos with long pin, Drilled Seperator Plate

1-2 Aluminum Accumulator W/ Aluminum Pistion...after viewing what other people have i figured this was it....right ....wrong!, when i talked with my Tranny perfomance shop he recommended other peices be installed, Kevlar bands for example and some other things i forgot cause i was driving. anyway to anyone who rebuilt their tranny with similar parts...did u add anything ??, do u recommend anything more, i dont need my tranny being re-built only so it blows on me...any suggestions guys would be great.....

BYN

The mods what you did are what I did. IF you were going to change bands, Why dont just rebuild the whole thing to hold mass of HP. If your only going bolt on mods you should be fine. It your going full track racing or supercharger rebuild it to be stronger...

if your going to rebuild, i would definatly do a larger band, beast shell and use the 5 pinoin GM planet's. Also Z pacs are real nice and last alot longer than origional pacs. good idea to do a vaccume mod and also block off the accumulator. On mine, i didn't use a kevlar band cause they tend to seperate. instead, raybestos makes a nice 2 1/2 inch friction band which works excellent and will last twice as long as kevlar. hope this helps

aright im getting alot of good feedback, which i appreciate, but to all those running the Radix......majority are running the same parts in the tranz, how are you holding up.......the thing is i dont want to re-build if i dont have to. im not running my truck at the drags every week, so it nots going to be abused all the time.... :icon_bs: soo with that said....wil i be alright with what i got, or shgould i just do it up.....seriously im in a jam....!!!??

BYN

there's guys on here that have been running the radix for 10's of thousands of miles with less tranny upgrades than you already have. i wouldnt fix it until its broken. are you saying the tranny is already starting to go or is everything normal right now?

there's guys on here that have been running the radix for 10's of thousands of miles with less tranny upgrades than you already have. i wouldnt fix it until its broken. are you saying the tranny is already starting to go or is everything normal right now?

im saying that the installer said "thats It?" when i told him what i wanted installed, he was talking like i needed more, but if that all these ppl r running, like chase for exampl...then i should be aright dont ya think..?

BYN

i drive pretty hard. put the radix on the end of december. 5 days later, only had first gear and reverse on my tranny. put the new tranny in and couldn't believe how nice it shifted. the old tranny was a complete slush box, waste of time bullshit for a so called performance truck, piece of scrap metal from GM. I would just do it and be done. If i towed more with it, it would have had the same fate natrally aspired.

I just did a build on mine. I used Raybestos Z-pac clutches, this setup eliminates the steel plates between the 3-4 clutches and uses an all clutch stack. I also used "the beast" sunshell, a Kevlar band, billet servos, Transgo shift kit. I love it. I was told by my supplier this setup would easily hold 500 hp +. It shifts so fast and hard into second gear, the belt chirps. There is no lag time on the shift, it's right there. And it also shifts soft on light throttle. I used a 2006 Trailblazer converter and it is giving me about 2800 stall if I'm hard on the brakes. It actually feels like it launches harder about 1500, then slam it to the floor, than to torque it up tight on the line. I bought all the parts minus the converter for less than $400 including the filter kit. It is a cheap investment if you're going to add HP. I can't wait to get it tuned so I can get full benefit from everything.

I just did a build on mine. I used Raybestos Z-pac clutches, this setup eliminates the steel plates between the 3-4 clutches and uses an all clutch stack. I also used "the beast" sunshell, a Kevlar band, billet servos, Transgo shift kit. I love it. I was told by my supplier this setup would easily hold 500 hp +. It shifts so fast and hard into second gear, the belt chirps. There is no lag time on the shift, it's right there. And it also shifts soft on light throttle. I used a 2006 Trailblazer converter and it is giving me about 2800 stall if I'm hard on the brakes. It actually feels like it launches harder about 1500, then slam it to the floor, than to torque it up tight on the line. I bought all the parts minus the converter for less than $400 including the filter kit. It is a cheap investment if you're going to add HP. I can't wait to get it tuned so I can get full benefit from everything.

Got a chuckle out of this, my truck is stock and I've been trying to stop the belt from chirping on the 1-2 shift. :crackup: