Cam Expert

Well looking to putting a new cam in the truck. What I\'m looking for is a torque cam. Truck is a daily driver in a way but used to pull around toys. I want a cam that makes low end torque. I will be pulling a 21ft Wake boarding boat sometimes for long distances, And Possibilty a car trailor when I get my wife to buy off on a 1/4 car. My exhaust will be changed out for some long tubes and will be adding some E fans and a E fan trannny cooler. Not looking for a race style truck just some low to mid range torque. If at all possible I dont want to change out the trans converter. Its a Pity but If its recommend Most I would go is a 2600 stall to have full towing power. ANy info would be helpful. i got some advice before but everyone people recommended were a way to big cam of designed for the track.

P.S. A nice little thumping sounding cam would be perfered...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got in a cam with specs around what you're looking for. It's a 222º/224º@.050 and .566"/.568" and a 112 LSA. I recently installed one of these in a 1500HD and had excellent results. That truck is used for towing and farm work and is a huge improvement over stock in torque and horsepower.

I just got in a cam with specs around what you're looking for. It's a 222º/224º@.050 and .566"/.568" and a 112 LSA. I recently installed one of these in a 1500HD and had excellent results. That truck is used for towing and farm work and is a huge improvement over stock in torque and horsepower.

I had a cam with similar specs a couple years ago and had good results and it sounded well to. You can go bigger if you want, it will not effect your towing.