Funny bank story

BlueZero

I don't post here much, but I had to share this. I think it's funny!

So about a year ago I bought my truck. It was on a Saturday so my bank was closed. So I got a loan through some bank from the dealership. The following week I went to my bank to get the loan through them. It took them two months of messing up the paper work to get it right.

On to the funny part...

So today I get a letter from them saying that it seems that someone made a mistake and never asked me for my title. So they need it right away so then can claim a lien on my truck. I look in my files and what do I find, The title in my name, free and clear no lien. So now I'm thinking, if I really wanted to be a jerk I could stop paying my loan and they can't repo my truck. All they can do is give me a bad credit rating... I think I still have about $18,000 left. Maybe I'm wrong about this.

I thought it was funny, I've had nothing but problems with this bank. I only stay there because of all the locations around town they have. It kinda feels good to have them at my mercy for once.

hmmmmmmmmm I dunno what I would do, but I think I wouldnt bring it in right away. tell them you are busy, got to much to do, yadda yadda. let them sweat it. then ask them whats in it for you? better yet tell them you want all that money back that you have been paying them all this time on something you already own!!

that would scare the poop out of them

I don't post here much, but I had to share this. I think it's funny!

So about a year ago I bought my truck. It was on a Saturday so my bank was closed. So I got a loan through some bank from the dealership. The following week I went to my bank to get the loan through them. It took them two months of messing up the paper work to get it right.

On to the funny part...

So today I get a letter from them saying that it seems that someone made a mistake and never asked me for my title. So they need it right away so then can claim a lien on my truck. I look in my files and what do I find, The title in my name, free and clear no lien. So now I'm thinking, if I really wanted to be a jerk I could stop paying my loan and they can't repo my truck. All they can do is give me a bad credit rating... I think I still have about $18,000 left. Maybe I'm wrong about this.

I thought it was funny, I've had nothing but problems with this bank. I only stay there because of all the locations around town they have. It kinda feels good to have them at my mercy for once.

green bay huh?? wow!! I am from Marquette Mich originally. I know GB very well!! wanna hit the Bean somtime?? hehehe

Wishful thinking. The bank will get there money from you if you signed a loan contract. The only thing they don't have is a lien on your truck. It will take then a little court work, but they can, and will, get a judgment against you and it will tie you up for the rest of your life. With that judgment they can exercise a property execution order and the Sheriff will come and confiscate your vehicle and auction it off. If the amount they get from the auction doesn't satisfy the loan you will still owe the delta, they can come after the next thing you own and auction that. You won't be able to sell a piece of property without settling the judgment. It will also ruin your credit. If you don't own anything, and never plan on owning anything, you may get by with out paying. Not a good plan.

Wishful thinking. The bank will get there money from you if you signed a loan contract. The only thing they don't have is a lien on your truck. It will take then a little court work, but they can, and will, get a judgment against you and it will tie you up for the rest of your life. With that judgment they can exercise a property execution order and the Sheriff will come and confiscate your vehicle and auction it off. If the amount they get from the auction doesn't satisfy the loan you will still owe the delta, they can come after the next thing you own and auction that. You won't be able to sell a piece of property without settling the judgment. It will also ruin your credit. If you don't own anything, and never plan on owning anything, you may get by with out paying. Not a good plan.
:withstupid: They can/will do alot more damage to you than you can ever do to them.

DeeHutch... It's not with Fifth Third.

fast4popper... Do you have a reserved table at the Bean? lol

I wasn't going bail out on my loan. I'm not that way, I'm too nice most of the time. I just thought it was funny for a bank to do something like this. It would be kinda cool to have a free truck, but I did sign the loan papers. So I am under contract to pay the amount back. I am going to let them wait awhile before I give them my title. Once I deposited my paycheck, and they took the money out of my account and put it in to my employers. Guess it's time to shop for a new bank.

DeeHutch... It's not with Fifth Third.

fast4popper... Do you have a reserved table at the Bean? lol

I wasn't going bail out on my loan. I'm not that way, I'm too nice most of the time. I just thought it was funny for a bank to do something like this. It would be kinda cool to have a free truck, but I did sign the loan papers. So I am under contract to pay the amount back. I am going to let them wait awhile before I give them my title. Once I deposited my paycheck, and they took the money out of my account and put it in to my employers. Guess it's time to shop for a new bank.

I agree with what you are saying. they screwed up and after being so rude to you, its funny that now they are back pedaling.

as for a table at the bean, nah, just a seat at sniffers row! Fun times, i have a friend in eastern GB that has an SS too. let me know and I will get you in touch with him. and maybe next time I head north we can go see whats hoppin at the bean, I do get to Appleton on occasion for work as well

Happens all the time at banks. The unfortunate part is that you more than likely (99.9%) signed a commitment of lien or something of that nature. That means that they physically have your signature agreeing to allow them to place a lien on your title in exhange for the loan. All they have to do is take that piece of paper to court and the court will demand that the state issue a new title with your lien on it. Some states dont even have to go to court, they can just walk in and place a lien on the title of the vehicle. It is funny that happened, but in all honesty, its just a formality of paper work. In reality, they own the truck until you finish paying.

:withstupid: They can/will do alot more damage to you than you can ever do to them.

Not in TEXAS :driving: Lets say they repo a car and you go out and buy a brand new one out right they can not do shit about it no leans or nothing I asked an attorney (my attorney) about a situation like this and he said in Texas they can't put a lean on somethin they dont own. Take the repo they auction it off and can take me to court for the remainder but can not put a lean on the new car paid off or not.

:withstupid:

Not in TEXAS :driving: Lets say they repo a car and you go out and buy a brand new one out right they can not do shit about it no leans or nothing I asked an attorney (my attorney) about a situation like this and he said in Texas they can't put a lean on somethin they dont own. Take the repo they auction it off and can take me to court for the remainder but can not put a lean on the new car paid off or not.

They may not be able to put a lien on something they didn't/don't own, but I think if you talk to a lawyer you will find out that if a judge rules that someone owes another money, and he doesn't pay, the person owed the money can supply the sheriff with property execution papers on anything that person personally owns and they will confiscate it. There may be slight variations in the process from state to state, but I think this will run true, for the most part, in all states.