Straight Pipes

NashSS

I came across this video of a 06 SSS with straight pipes and love the way it sounds from the inside. It sounds mean to me and screams in the higher rpm's. Anyone have a straight pipe setup or possibly a different sound clip of how it sounds outside? Also any thoughts on the idea? Thanks.

f2fbf2d8-333c-49b6-a3ec-98510160989d.jpgClick here to see Video

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

my friend has a 6.0 lq4 and all i gotta say is ear drum busting loud from the outside going down the highway.. i dont like the sound to poppy for me. And um im not real sure about earlier models but i know my SS has white gauge faces and the one in the video has black.... :confused: :confused:

I had the stock muffler cut off just in front of it and had dual Cherry Bomb Turbos put in with two exhaust pipes run out the rear, under the bumper. The chrome tips are about 18 inches long. From inside, I thought is sounded pretty loud, but last weekend I heard it from outside for the first time with my daughter driving it. It was SWEET! :D

about a month after i got my truck i took it to a custom exhuast shop and got him to cut the stock muffler and tail pipe off then he ran 2 pipes from the existing ones. i ran 2 1/2 inch stainless pipes one coming out behind each rear wheel on an angle. i love the look and the sound is incredible i think. its really snappy when you punch it down and when you get in town and between some buildings its ear shattering. its common when i pass people they flip the bird at me haha i love it tho ... alot of trucks up here have those big chrome tips sticking out, my personal preference is they look retarded but whatever you like i guess ...

about a month after i got my truck i took it to a custom exhuast shop and got him to cut the stock muffler and tail pipe off then he ran 2 pipes from the existing ones. i ran 2 1/2 inch stainless pipes one coming out behind each rear wheel on an angle. i love the look and the sound is incredible i think. its really snappy when you punch it down and when you get in town and between some buildings its ear shattering. its common when i pass people they flip the bird at me haha i love it tho ... alot of trucks up here have those big chrome tips sticking out, my personal preference is they look retarded but whatever you like i guess ...

Yikes! They don't stick out from the bumper 18", only about an inch and a half. The length of the chrome piece is 18".

I came across this video of a 06 SSS with straight pipes and love the way it sounds from the inside. It sounds mean to me and screams in the higher rpm's. Anyone have a straight pipe setup or possibly a different sound clip of how it sounds outside? Also any thoughts on the idea? Thanks.

f2fbf2d8-333c-49b6-a3ec-98510160989d.jpgClick here to see Video

ya my friend has an '05 ss with straight pipes and it sounds really mean... I have an '05 silverado 4.8 and I ahve straight pipes and I love it

I just unbolted the pipe and and kept it off sounds awesome imo