5 year old locked me out

ChevelleBoy

HELP!

Got home a bit ago and before I knew it my 5 year old had locked the keys in the Truck (03 SS). Wife is out of town with the other set of keys. Short of calling a locksmith ( and having them scratch up my doors ), does anyone know a safe harmless way to break into my truck? Open to suggestions and a bit desperate.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ve used locksmiths' numberous times and been lucky as far as damage goes.

I'd say the chances of them damaging your door are very slim (no pun intended), so just call them up and be done with it. Actually, it sounds like to me that you're looking for a way to pull a DIY which would probably pose more of an opportunity for damage than a PRO would.

Good Luck none the less!!

call gm road side asistence they can send someone out to open it up. tow co or AAA. if you were close to me i can get in in about 30 sec. with the tools i have. have NOT dammaged a vehicel yet.... :thumbs:

hate to say but GM trucks are the easyest vehicals to get into :banghead: with the right tools

good luck....

:seeya:

Ask some friends if they are AAA members. I have a AAA gold card so I have unlimited uses with it and one of my friends locked her keys in her car and I called AAA and said that she was my ride home cause my car was in the shop and they came and unlocked her car for her. No scratching or anything. I would call AAA regardless as they are a large company and wouldn't be in business if they scratched paint.

Buy yourself a bladder kit to expand the door and keep it at home, with as many times as I have locked my keys in my truck, I bought one. You cant easily jimmy the door open with a slim jim, but all you have to do is put the soft plastic wedge in between the door edge and the third door edge, insert the inflatable rubber bladder, pump it up until you have about 1/4-1/2" gap (the door flexes and is safe to do), then you take a long coat hanger type tool with a hook on the end of it and grab the lock tab on the door panel and pull it back...boom...door unloked and no damage. Usually takes 30 seconds to do with a pro.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have yet to see anyone jimmy open a door on a silverado...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but AAA couldnt get it the three times they tried either.