5 year old locked me out

ChevelleBoy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol this reminds me....i dont know how many times ive been wasted and called on star and went thru the damn 50 quesiton process and finally get my door unlocked and there not even in there.....usually in my pocket..... :wtf:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I've seen the local police get into peoples cars for them when they've locked in their keys...but screw that.

lol this reminds me....i dont know how many times ive been wasted and called on star and went thru the damn 50 quesiton process and finally get my door unlocked and there not even in there.....usually in my pocket..... :wtf:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I've seen the local police get into peoples cars for them when they've locked in their keys...but screw that.

i know around here they used to, but not anymore. too much liability if anything gets damaged in the process.

Thanks for all the suggestions, support and laughs! I went to a dealer a couple towns over ( took a while to find one open on Saturday) and they cut the key on the VIN#. Had to show picture ID, proof of ownership of some sort (insurance papers) and give them the license plate #. It cost $35 - $25 to look the code up in the database and about $10 for the key. They actually gave me two keys because they were not sure which blank to use, but both worked, so that was a bonus.

I had no idea that could be done until one or more of you here suggested it. Thanks!

Good to hear but a suggestion for future reference if you have a remote start or alarm or something keep your stock key fobs around where you can find them easily and they should still work on the truck to at least unlock it so you can get inside. I did this on my monte carlo i had. My brother learned a hard lesson doing that on his 91 eclipse and the freaking thing overheated while we waited for the cops to unlock the damn thing luckily he only blew a small hole in a coolant hose.

"It cost $35 - $25 to look the code up in the database..."

WOW!!! ChevelleBoy that sounds a little weird to me. All the dealership does is go online and go to a GM website, plug in your vin# and it gives them a key code. Then they type that code into a key machine and it auto cuts a new key (like walmart, lowes, etc). There is NO fee involved here, but hey if you need a key, then go for it right. LOL!!!