installed belltech 3inch drop leafs

rivierakid55

well i finally got around to doing this. first let me say thanks to all who answered my posts about getting stock shackles. i ended up just getting new ones from dealer for 48 bucks so i could move this project along. on to the drop. not too difficult really at least on the lift. took about 3 hours id say by myself. after reading mr. p's how to definately helped with the gas tank lowering. oh i did remove the factory bump stop bracket and just bolted the new bump stops directly to the frame as some others suggested.

so the burning questions for everyone is....how's the ride? how bad's the vibration?

ride is quite firmer. don't know if that's cause i put the drop nitro shocks on the rear finally or not but actually rides quite nice imo.

vibration. well.....i hate to say it but there aren't any. drove around for about an hour up to speeds of about 85 mph and everywhere in between and nothing. and as my pictures will atest, my back tires aint that sharp and probably arent balanced that well right now. overall very very happy with the look, ride and install.

on a bad note, just got word late yesterday that my two wheels i bent running over a curb arent repairable so got to buy two new ones in the near future.

oh there's a couple pictures of my next projects. got my stall in and my bser roll pan too.

post-9083-1169927420_thumb.jpg

post-9083-1169927453_thumb.jpg

post-9083-1169927476_thumb.jpg

post-9083-1169927505_thumb.jpg

post-9083-1169927526_thumb.jpg

post-9083-1169927552_thumb.jpg

how much of a drop did you get out of it, did you get the full 3"? i want mine lower in the back but dont know if hangers are a good idea. i already have 2" shackels so i dont think 1 more inch would be noticable. what do you think? seems like you like the leafs.

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

how much of a drop did you get out of it, did you get the full 3"? i want mine lower in the back but dont know if hangers are a good idea. i already have 2" shackels so i dont think 1 more inch would be noticable. what do you think? seems like you like the leafs.

i didnt measure but id say i probably got 3 to 3.5 inches. i actually think i only had 1.5 inches with my shackles before. truck is now as close to level as possible. im happy with the leafs for sure. you being one piece driveshaft shouldnt have as much problem as us two piece d/s guys. i apparently am lucky or something as both drops ive done i havent had any vibration. oh i left you a post about the leafs on your other post too.