oil filter wrench

packjh

This is my oil filter wrench that i use when somebody else changes my oil and overtorques the oil filter. I didnt change my oil last time due to me being gone had a friend do it for me. So they took it in and they way over torqued it. Even more so than that first time outa the factory. I got this when i was in afganistan its american made k bar and has only been used for oil filters as of yet....

100_0184.jpg

100_0187.jpg

i punch the filters to drain the oil before removing. if the wrench doesn't work then i punch the side for more torque. works like a charm doesn't make you a redneck.....its just common sense.

ummmmm....I just use a oil filter wrench. The one were its nylon and you just spin it around and viola. Never tried the knife technique btu yeah I took it for my last oil chane because I just didnt have the time to do it and I will NEVER take it again to anywhere except to my own home! they overtorqued both the plug (which I had to borrow a torque wrench because it was HELL) and they put a POS regular oil filter when I payed a ton of money for synthetic :banghead: god what a bad experience.....

but yeah....

I've never resorted to the knife or screwdriver methods, but i've seen it done before, somtimes even by professional mechanics. I'm a big fan of the filter wrenches, I have three styles, one with a steel band, one with nylon and one with rubber. I have always changed my own oil, I have never been to a quick lube, or even had the dealer change my oil. I like to know for sure what's going in and what the oil looks like when i comes out. :)

The main reason I use the quick lube joints is that they lube all the zerks, top off the fluids. And I live is such a small town that you know everyone who is working on your truck.

I just spin my off with my hand, gotta get a decent grip but a lot easier than trying to use any tool in that little ass area to work with

Lot of wrist action I take it :P I'll take a good old oil filter wrench although the K&N nut is a good idea wish more companies would start using it.

Actually this is pretty funny I just gave my truck its first oil change yesterday and had to run to auto zone cause I lost my old oil filter wrench. I tried using the belt method but it was on there pretty tight.

Edited by Juse821 (see edit history)