Dual LQ9 Silverado SS

detjoe

I have been looking for and FOUND my donor motor. I was told it is from a 2002 Esclade...so I was guessing it was a LQ9...but I had to go look...Well I goto look at it and check if I could see the block markings, The seller told me the engine was still connected to the trans so I might not be able to see the block ID...when I see it he had taken the two apart and I was able to see the 6.0L on the back of the block :cheers:

here's the dual; Lq9 SSS :devil:

JanII2007080.jpg

here is a close up

JanII2007083.jpg

I will use this to mock up my 1950 chevy

Build up thread on other site

then I plan to build it up (maybe just H&C) if it runs good I want to swap it to the SS and then put the Stock (low mile ) LQ9 into the project.

I am just want to get the 50 to the strip!!! and try to break some parts :devil:

and this motor is getting my arse going for this summer/fall.

if I find a good deal on a stroker then this will be used as the core...but I have to work my way out of the dog house (my wife was not too happy w/ a new engine) before I buy anything else :yellow_loser:

That should be sweet in the 50,i always loved the look of the 48 to 53 pickups,a guy locally has a 2k escalade motor,tranny and t-case for like 5g's,maybe i should dump it into my 54chevy 210? :thumbs:

thats what I got...but alot less than 5k :driving:

Good deal. :)

Just be aware that you'll need a 2002 PCM (512Kb), part number 12202411, such as this one here, and a cabled throttle body to easily control it. 03+ PCMs are quite a bit different in the trucks and won't even plug into that harness.