What kind of car alarms are good

A good security system is 95% install and 5% product. find a good installer and tell him what you want. ask him questions and be prepared to pay good money if you are wanting to keep your truck away from theives. I have roughly 14 hours into just the install on my truck. but trust me, it will NOT be easy for a theif to steal it from me.

Viper makes a great product as long as its installed the right way. let us know what you decide.

I just got my Avital 4400/457 and I love it .. It has remote start and a BUNCH and AWESOME FEATURES. They are made byt the same company that was just lister from the VIPER.. D.E.I Alot of their alrams carry the same features... I love mine Good luck!

Best alarm system is a silent one. Nobody pays attention to the blaring chips and sirens of an alarm. Some of the newer ones ahve key fobs where you can monitor your trucks status up to x hundred feet away etc. I have always believed in a well placed, well hidden kill switch, without arming it, you go no where. I had one in most of my cars, But I have yet to install one in the SS. I had a 78 Camaro with one in it and someone tried to steal it...they got in and turned it over, but the kill switch was for the fuel and with a dixie cup of fuel in the carb, it idled for about 30 seconds and died...the dam thieves got out and smashed the windows and ran witnesses said. They must have been really pissed off. My dad had one on a car, it was in the trunk...so yeah, every time he wanted to drive the car, he had to pop the truck, but so what? It was on a weekend cruiser.

Best alarm system is a silent one. Nobody pays attention to the blaring chips and sirens of an alarm. Some of the newer ones ahve key fobs where you can monitor your trucks status up to x hundred feet away etc. I have always believed in a well placed, well hidden kill switch, without arming it, you go no where. I had one in most of my cars, But I have yet to install one in the SS. I had a 78 Camaro with one in it and someone tried to steal it...they got in and turned it over, but the kill switch was for the fuel and with a dixie cup of fuel in the carb, it idled for about 30 seconds and died...the dam thieves got out and smashed the windows and ran witnesses said. They must have been really pissed off. My dad had one on a car, it was in the trunk...so yeah, every time he wanted to drive the car, he had to pop the truck, but so what? It was on a weekend cruiser.

Deterrence is the best defense; the vehicle has got to look like a total biatch to steal and only a very seasoned installer can achieve this. But I'm a big believer in the kill switch strategy too, I also installed an ignition box on my FBody that will cut power if you do not disarm it in the first 15-20 seconds after the coil starts firing. The reason being that if your vehicle is damaged while sitting still then technically the crime is a vandalism, and most insurance policies do not cover incidents & damages from vandalism. BUT, if the vehicle moved even a couple feet and then dies it is no longer a vandalism but an auto theft (one where your car was recovered!) and insurance WILL pay for damages incurred during an auto theft.

Mr. P.