Opinions on how much I should sell my truck for?

—Bauker™—

From the looks of it I should be asking somewhere in the neighborhood of 27,500.00 for it, private party... At least that's what Edmunds and Auto trader are telling me. Id like to get 28 for it but I wanted to check with a more knowledgeable bunch.

'06 SSS, 25k miles, black, leather, bose, xm/am/fm/6 disc, Onstar, steering wheel controls, intimidator wing, bed rug, HID head lamps, corsa exhaust, tint, towing package, new tires, regularly waxed.

Thanks guys,

Rick

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup SS Extended Cab Short Bed

Excellent

$24,215

Good

$22,745

Fair

$20,650

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

Vehicle Highlights

Mileage: 25,000

Engine: V8 6.0 Liter HO

Transmission: Automatic

Drivetrain: 2WD

Selected Equipment Change Equipment

Standard

Air Conditioning Tilt Wheel ABS (4-Wheel)

Power Steering Cruise Control Privacy Glass

Power Windows AM/FM Stereo

Power Door Locks Dual Front Air Bags

Optional

Multi Compact Disc Leather Oversize Wheels 20"+

OnStar Dual Power Seats

Blue Book Private Party Value

Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent

$24,215

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good

$22,745

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair

$20,650

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor

N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.

* California 1/30/2007

Accurate Condition AppraisalChange Condition Accurately appraising the condition of a vehicle is an important aspect in determining its Blue Book value. Taking our 16 question condition quiz will ensure you know the correct condition rating.

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

© 2007 Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Jan-Feb 2007 Edition. The specific information required to determine the value for this particular vehicle was supplied by the person generating this report. Vehicle valuations are opinions and may vary from vehicle to vehicle. Actual valuations will vary based upon market conditions, specifications, vehicle condition or other particular circumstances pertinent to this particular vehicle or the transaction or the parties to the transaction. This report is intended for the individual use of the person generating this report only and shall not be sold or transmitted to another party. Kelley Blue Book assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. (v.07014) advertisement

advertisement

Edited by rivierakid55 (see edit history)

Excellent

$24,215

Good

$22,745

Fair

$20,650

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

Vehicle Highlights

Standard

Optional

OnStar Dual Power Seats

Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

$24,215

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good

$22,745

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair

$20,650

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor

N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.

* California 1/30/2007

Accurate Condition AppraisalChange Condition Accurately appraising the condition of a vehicle is an important aspect in determining its Blue Book value. Taking our 16 question condition quiz will ensure you know the correct condition rating.

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

© 2007 Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Jan-Feb 2007 Edition. The specific information required to determine the value for this particular vehicle was supplied by the person generating this report. Vehicle valuations are opinions and may vary from vehicle to vehicle. Actual valuations will vary based upon market conditions, specifications, vehicle condition or other particular circumstances pertinent to this particular vehicle or the transaction or the parties to the transaction. This report is intended for the individual use of the person generating this report only and shall not be sold or transmitted to another party. Kelley Blue Book assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. (v.07014) advertisement

advertisement

wow thats pretty low... I got 24-27K for mine on KBB ......... and mines a 05 !

Edited by 05SSpower (see edit history)

Excellent

$24,215

Good

$22,745

Fair

$20,650

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

Vehicle Highlights

Standard

Optional

OnStar Dual Power Seats

$24,215

Good

$22,745

Fair

$20,650

Poor

N/A

* California 1/30/2007

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

advertisement

highest that came up for yours was 25,200 thats why i said it mite be overpriced in your for sale post.

Excellent

$24,215

Good

$22,745

Fair

$20,650

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

Vehicle Highlights

Standard

Optional

OnStar Dual Power Seats

$24,215

Good

$22,745

Fair

$20,650

Poor

N/A

* California 1/30/2007

Search Local Listings

Sell Your Pickup

advertisement

highest that came up for yours was 25,200 thats why i said it mite be overpriced in your for sale post.

yah if you check Nada the prices are higher thats why I kinda just too the average for the two and now that the month is ending rates are going down...

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck, but I think it is too high. Just my opinion.

And I think your price is too low. Check autotrader and you will find that mine is considerable lower... Unless you find the one missing body panels and with 16 wheels, that's a steaming deal right there. And notice it says 29kobo. I will take 28k.

Edited by —Bauker™— (see edit history)

Good luck, but I think it is too high. Just my opinion.

And I think your price is too low. Check autotrader and you will find that mine is considerable lower... Unless you find the one missing body panels and with 16 wheels, that's a steaming deal right there. And notice it says 29kobo. I will take 28k.

i too hope you can get your asking price bauker. but in reality its a higher than normal mileage truck for that year that you can buy new with all the same options for a couple thousand more. all the speed and look good parts dont mean anything as far as resale goes.

either way sad to see such a nice truck go. hope something better will be replacing it.

It would be borderline too high if it had half the miles. 25K is extremely high for an '06. It's not even AWD. I only paid $27,500.00 for my '03 when it was only 3 months old with only 3K miles and it was loaded AND AWD!!

It would be borderline too high if it had half the miles. 25K is extremely high for an '06. It's not even AWD. I only paid $27,500.00 for my '03 when it was only 3 months old with only 3K miles and it was loaded AND AWD!!

Which is horrible resale. Call me crazy but the owners of these vehicles control the market. The cars have shitty resale because the people who have owned them sell them for nothing; mostly because they don’t know any better, they’re uneducated, or hard up for cash. This is typical of most GM owners. I could go on for hours about the system and statistics, but I won’t. Most places like Kelly blue book attain their info from auto auctions, whether it is repo auctions or whatever. Is that a system you would like to base the value of your car by?

Time is not a concern for me, so I figured Id price it competitively (accounting for mileage, but not the modifications) with those found on autotader and ebay. I buy and sell vehicles by at least two a year, and I personally never use kbb to tell me what a vehicle is worth. I don’t expect to sell it to anyone here either. And before anyone flames me about controlling the market, take the supra for instance. GM would have great resale if it wasn’t for the people who own them. Remember that when you go to sell your car.