whats the best 1/4 mile track in so-cal?

2006_superado

i want to get some good runs at a good track with my truck, i hate going to lacr (it's local for me) and having to use the take a half a second off rule to figure out what my corrected time would be?. i kept thinking i would go to carlsbad raceway near san diego being it's at sea level, but like a dumb-ass i just found out it closed over 2 years ago! :dupe: so now i don't know where to go?... from what i heard about fontana theres no lights so they run way too early, and i'm not getting there at 6:am to get 4-5 runs in, and i live about 90 miles from there so an all nighter is out of the question. i don't think pomona is open to the public??.

and i don't like the idea of the 1/8 mile irwindale track. is there any other choice i'm not aware of?, if so please let me know.

thanks in advance for any suggestions or oppinions. :cheers:

hey 06vho,

thanks a lot, :thumbs: that seems like a much better track, only 600 feet above sea level means almost an exact time. so no need to calculate squat!, lol.

it seems there next open event is march 2-4 at 8:am, i'm down for that for sure.

you know if anyone else is going?. also are you still able to do a tune? i remember when we talked before you offered to help me with the tune, i thought i was going to go with jessie (W4M) but he don't have any 06 cores yet. so if your still able to do it PM me and i'll give you my number or give me yours and i'll call you.

thanks again. :cheers:

hey 06vho,

thanks a lot, :thumbs: that seems like a much better track, only 600 feet above sea level means almost an exact time. so no need to calculate squat!, lol.

it seems there next open event is march 2-4 at 8:am, i'm down for that for sure.

you know if anyone else is going?. also are you still able to do a tune? i remember when we talked before you offered to help me with the tune, i thought i was going to go with jessie (W4M) but he don't have any 06 cores yet. so if your still able to do it PM me and i'll give you my number or give me yours and i'll call you.

Some of us have talked about going to Famoso. No set plans that I know of though. As for tuning help, I won't have any free time for a couple of months.

hey 06vho,

Some of us have talked about going to Famoso. No set plans that I know of though. As for tuning help, I won't have any free time for a couple of months.

how much time would it take... i could meet you somewhere near you if that helps?.

if not it's cool. i'll just order one.

thanks.