Won another Wally in the ol' SS

RacerJJ

nice man, what times wher eyou running?what code did your truck throw? wasnt a p0757 was it? well anyway keep up the good work and maybe one day well get to race at california.

Not sure about what code it was exactly but the great tuning shop I found next to the track scanned it and told me it was shift solenoid B stuck open? He said it was very common if any trans work has been done which mine has had a lot. I then called my tranny guy and he said the same and told me that if it still shifted fine to not worry about it and keep racing. So I kept racing and on Sunday, I woke up, started her up and no engine light through 11 passes that day. Shifted great and was deadly consistent. :dunno: Damn computer, I'll never figure em out!

nice man, what times wher eyou running?what code did your truck throw? wasnt a p0757 was it? well anyway keep up the good work and maybe one day well get to race at california.

Not sure about what code it was exactly but the great tuning shop I found next to the track scanned it and told me it was shift solenoid B stuck open? He said it was very common if any trans work has been done which mine has had a lot. I then called my tranny guy and he said the same and told me that if it still shifted fine to not worry about it and keep racing. So I kept racing and on Sunday, I woke up, started her up and no engine light through 11 passes that day. Shifted great and was deadly consistent. :dunno: Damn computer, I'll never figure em out!

yeah thats code p0757

i did somethign to fix it. check out my attachment and mayeb tell zippy to do this , it has not thrown the code since. what it does is lets the converter slip less zippy should know about it . i tried alot of things to fix that code ( including 2 sloenid swaps) and this was finally the cure

tcc.jpg

thats weird though you said ti drove fine after the code? it should normally only have 3rd gear when that code is set. you need an aeroforce scangauge. you could have found the code and cleared it right there.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

What I need is EFILive! I'll look into that scan guage though. I called Zippy and left him a message but I haven't heard from him so I hope he got it. When I first got back to the pit, it felt like I only had third. I then took it for a test run in the pits and it shifted through the gears. I then left the track and went to the shop where they scanned it and it again shifted fine. The light stayed on all day during racing but was gone after the truck sat for a while and never returned.