New Pictures of the Truck

SoCalSS

new paint needs some time to cure you might want to wait a while before you wax it. you should check with the body shop about it.

Fortunately the paint and body work was finished in the middle of December. The suspension, frame work, drive shaft, etc is taking the most time with parts and install. So I figure if I get the truck back on Tuesday is what the body shop is telling me for sure that would be a good 2 months. Paint should be cured in ~2 months correct?

... Paint should be cured in ~2 months correct?
No, paint takes forever to cure if left to natural means; especially since it's been air-curing in the winter wait 90-120 days before waxing or sealing, by then the gas-off should be under control. Unless the body shop does like the OEM and cures it with UV or ???. I had my hood & bumper repainted 14-months ago and it's still far softer than the original paint.

Mr. P.

Did they replace the frame? or just repair it?

AFA the accident - tires are a large factor in what you describe, the Goodyears are dangerous. Get some good Kuhmos or Pirellis and Hotchkis bars, you'll have a completely different truck.

Mr. P.

They repaired it. Put it on a frame "stretcher," to put it back to specifications. I was waiting until the tires were a little lower on tread until I bought a new set. I definetly wasnt going back to the goodyears after what happened in this accident, and a few times of the truck getting squirely (sp?) in the rain...

:withstupid:

I had the same thing happen to my truck when I was running the GoodYears. I accelerated on a wet entrance ramp too quickly, and wasn't paying attention ... it turned into a 90 degree right turn. I took the turn at 50 mph and the rear end broke loose and came around my left side. THANK GOD for my AWD ... because the truck straightened right out.

I am very happy with the Yokes I'm running now. They're awesome tires compared to the Goodyears ... but from what I've read ... wagon wheels have better grip than the GoodYears ... :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, so the truck is fixed and up and running. Two Minor problems have arisen because of the accident. 1) Gas gauge in the cluster needs to be fixed because it is no longer in the right position, which the body shop guy says happens quite alot with the type of accident I had (ie high impact) 2) They forgot to add the SS symbol on the driver side

All these issues are going to be fixed this week. I left some pictures to show you the new bed and tonneau cover. Seriously the truck looks better than when I first bought it. :thumbs:

post-8207-1171304028_thumb.jpg

post-8207-1171304148_thumb.jpg

post-8207-1171304187_thumb.jpg

post-8207-1171304276_thumb.jpg

post-8207-1171305098_thumb.jpg

Thats the end of the pictures. BTW the lid that gaylors made is pretty sick. Remote opener, the hinges I believe are the X2000, dome light attached to the lid incase its dark and im removing gorceries, wood, or dead bodies :jester:

Anyways just glad to have the truck back...