Tc and shift kit installed

I got my truck back after the Yank TT2600 stall and Zippy shift kit and new tune was put in and gonna do Trans. cooler next week. All I can say is WOW I have only stalled it up once and I am going to have to work on the launches because I broke em loose real good..lol Any suggestions like maybe leave Traction Control on. Any way as for the shift kit Zippy you are the man my guy builds drag cars for a living and he says my truck shifted like one of his cars and he was very impressed with it. :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

I got my truck back after the Yank TT2600 stall and Zippy shift kit and new tune was put in and gonna do Trans. cooler next week. All I can say is WOW I have only stalled it up once and I am going to have to work on the launches because I broke em loose real good..lol Any suggestions like maybe leave Traction Control on. Any way as for the shift kit Zippy you are the man my guy builds drag cars for a living and he says my truck shifted like one of his cars and he was very impressed with it. :thumbs::thumbs:

Glad you enjoy it! Those mods are some of the best you can do to these trucks, IMO. As for your traction problems, you'll need slicks at the track. That traction control crap is pretty bogus when you start putting real power to the wheels. Good luck! In the meantime, drop your tire pressure!

well i have a question, and yes it may be a dumb question but what is " stalling it up"? and what are the benefits of a tc.

"Stalling it up" means holding the brake while bring the rpm's up to around 2500 (or more depending on your stall speed) while in gear. The advantages of a higher stall TC are getting the power of your motor to the transmission and, ultimately, to the wheels faster as well as quicker launches. Hope this helps and there are no "dumb" questions!

what it the stock stall set at? because i do that sometimes when i leave work to spin them a little. the guys says its a "brake stand" . but i wish i could do it and launch and not spin them. also, is it like when you watch drags where once they get to the line the both rev up and then launch?

what it the stock stall set at? because i do that sometimes when i leave work to spin them a little. the guys says its a "brake stand" . but i wish i could do it and launch and not spin them. also, is it like when you watch drags where once they get to the line the both rev up and then launch?

very much so. i think the stock stall is around 1800 or so. could be wrong there. it is also called a brake stand. ive been reading a lot about guys over at performancetrucks.net running 3200-3800 stalls and driving them around daily but i just cant see it. to mee makes the car so mushy around town but others say its fine so im not gonna argue. 2600-3000 seems to be the most popular stall speeds for our trucks depending on mods, how much you plan on towing and a couple other factors as well. i think the tbtc might stall at 2400 though.

very much so. i think the stock stall is around 1800 or so. could be wrong there. it is also called a brake stand. ive been reading a lot about guys over at performancetrucks.net running 3200-3800 stalls and driving them around daily but i just cant see it. to mee makes the car so mushy around town but others say its fine so im not gonna argue. 2600-3000 seems to be the most popular stall speeds for our trucks depending on mods, how much you plan on towing and a couple other factors as well. i think the tbtc might stall at 2400 though.

My 3200 isn't as mushy on the street as I thought it would be. It's definately tolerable once you get used to it. The bigger problem for higher stalls in a daily driver is the transmission temp. I'm an advocate of 3000 and higher stalls.

My 3200 isn't as mushy on the street as I thought it would be. It's definately tolerable once you get used to it. The bigger problem for higher stalls in a daily driver is the transmission temp. I'm an advocate of 3000 and higher stalls.

Your converter isn't mushy because of the converter you bought. When you buy a Viglante, they are the best for many reasons and that is one of them. They drive like almost stock even with a high stall and yet make for one hell of a launch.

Your converter isn't mushy because of the converter you bought. When you buy a Viglante, they are the best for many reasons and that is one of them. They drive like almost stock even with a high stall and yet make for one hell of a launch.

Glad to hear I bought the best! I had better have for the price! You are right...I drove it home from the track today and you can hardly tell that the stall is so high. Great drivability and a 1.88 60' time...that's what I'm talkin' bout! :thumbs:

I have a TB converter and it stalls about 2800, if I'm hard on the brakes. I think it launches harder around 1500-2000 then slam it to the floor. It seems to load the engine up if I stall it higher. Probably due to the stock tune for now. I have had a best of 2.02 60 ft.