Steering Shaft

chevygal

I just checked with my local dealer. A service bulletin has been released to replace the shaft with a new design. Here's the bad news : If your truck is out of warranty you will not be getting the steering shaft. my truck just hit 40000 miles so I am out of luck. GM is also losing a loyal customer. Hello Toyota
Just got mine replaced yesterday, and I'm at 60K miles. No charge. It's nice and quiet now. :)

If you think Toyota is without problems then you're in for a rude awakening.

Just read you work in a dealership.....I guess that helps in getting replacements for free :thumbs:

What our service manager told me was that it's a known problem, and has been for a while, as we all know. I would just about garantee that if you went to them, and raised a little stink that they would do it. He told me that if they'll do it for Joe Shmo off the street, then he'll do it for an employee.

Hello Toyota?

Hello?

I got out of a 2001 Tundra Limited 4x4 and into a 2003 Silverado.

I had a lot of issues in 32000 miles-more than any other import I have owned-brakes replaced three times, paint was the thinnest I have ever seen, ratttles, squeaks, leather coming unstitched on the steering wheel and on the seatbacks-lots of other stuff. And I babied that thing. The Silverado on the other hand, except for the 5.3 piston slap, ran perfectly and had zero problems.

Im sorry you have given up on Chevy, but whatever you get, don't buy an import. All these people screaming about supporting America and waving their flags in my face, then they go out and buy a Hyundai...real Americans huh?

Drive a 2007 T900 4X4 extended cab and see if you don't like it better...

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)