Question about the SS---Help me out plz

DemonSilverado

Hey, I'm brand new to this forum but Ive been a Chevy truck driver all my life (only 21, but thats not my fault :blink: )

My question is this, I just purchased a 2003 SCSB Silverado. I'm not the kind of person who would ever put SS badging on a truck that is not a from the factory SS. However I do love the grille and front/rear bumpers. I was planning on doing a swap for these parts (NOT the badges).

Does anyone know if the Bumpers (front and rear) and grille from the Silverado SS will bolt up to a 2003 SCSB Silverado?? I cant see why they would not, but my dealer can't/won't answer this for me. Also, if they will bolt up, when will these parts be avalible to order through my dealer (or is there a better way??)?

I was planning to wait to do this swap, but a lady backed into my truck when she was but a month old and warped my front bumper, so i'm trying to find out how long I'll have to keep a warped bumper if I wait for the SS to be avalible. And of course the grille on the SS is slightly different than that on the standard Silverado, and since the bumper has that grille in it, I'd want to match them up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'll do ya one better, when available the grill shell will snap on just like your grill, the only thing different is that it's painted and the insert might be different

the bumper on the ss is just a bumper cover, it has the same bumper as you underneath with a bumper cover on top of it, just like the trailblazers.

I'll do ya one better, when available the grill shell will snap on just like your grill, the only thing different is that it's painted and the insert might be different

the bumper on the ss is just a bumper cover, it has the same bumper as you underneath with a bumper cover on top of it, just like the trailblazers.

Didnt know that, so the "scoops" in the SS's bumper are not even open? My bumper has dents where those scoops would be but they are still solid. And as for the girlle shell, so your saying the plastic will just snap out and I can snap the SS dimond pattern right in its place?

What about my tow hooks, will they interfere with the SS bumper cover?

Any Ideas on pricing or avaliblity?

Thanks again folks. :D

Check out BellTech

Belltech Front Bumper Masks are designed to create a smooth look to the front end of your GM truck. Each mask is constructed of either hand laid fiberglass, finished with a gray gelcoat or high quality urethane. Belltech’s stamped steel Smoothie Bumpers come ready to prime and paint. Smoothie bumpers attach to the stock mounting brackets and require no welding or filling of trim mounting holes.

http://www.belltechcorp.com/pages/gmc.htm

Check out BellTech

Belltech Front Bumper Masks are designed to create a smooth look to the front end of your GM truck. Each mask is constructed of either hand laid fiberglass, finished with a gray gelcoat or high quality urethane. Belltech’s stamped steel Smoothie Bumpers come ready to prime and paint. Smoothie bumpers attach to the stock mounting brackets and require no welding or filling of trim mounting holes.

http://www.belltechcorp.com/pages/gmc.htm

I clicked on your link. I'm a bit confused, I see that they have bumper covers and stamped-steel bumpers. But I dont see any pictures of these parts. I'm not going to order a supposed SS bumper cover without having seen it. Is there something on the site i'm missing that will allow me to look at these parts? I dont mind calling and asking, but again, i'm not going to order until I see pictures, thanks for your help please let me know.

I'm also still interesed in part #'s and avaliblity from GM Dealerships if anyone has this information.

Thanks again.

Well i'm willing to pay the extra cash for the actual parts rather than the look alikes if I could just find out when they will be avalible to me.

I'm quite aware of how much the dealer hikes prices, but its been my experience, as far as look-alikes are concerned, that the aftermarket products are easily spotted and identified as fakes. While my truck will not be an SS I do want it to look exactly like it were one (minus the badges). And for that look i'm willing to pay a bit extra.

However, if someone knows of any aftermarket companies making these products please point me in that direction, Ive been looking and have yet to locate any.

Archived