CODES

BlackySS13

Well, there's a reason I never let my wife drive the truck. Tonight, for some reason I did. We we're on the highway and it didn't sound like it was shifting into fourth so I said bump the handle up 1, "CAREFULLY!" She somehow managed to throw it all the way into reverse while we were going 70 mph. Now I have six codes.

Can someone help me out with what they mean? It might be time to get the tranny built. Damn it.

CODES:

Well, going off memory,...I see misfire codes and some TCC codes. I say clear them and see what happens. Good chance on damage but I am not sure if the PCM will recognize a D-R shift while in motion and prevent the shift from even happening. :dunno:

CODES:

300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

740 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Open/Malfunction

753 - 1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit - Electrical

758 - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Circuit - Electrical

785 - Shift/Timing Solenoid Malfunction

1860 - TCC Control Solenoid Electrical (YPSI) / Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulation Solenoid Circuit - Electrical

Sounds like it engaged to me ... :tear: ... sorry dude.

Hope it's not too bad ...

Well, the truck is stuck in 3rd gear and 3rd gear only. Won't up shift or down shift. Guess we'll see what happens.

With that many codes, the PCM might have the tranny in a "Limp Mode" which is why it's stuck in 3rd.

Maybe clear out the codes, and drive for awhile to see if they come back, and see if the "Limp Mode" returns ...