Check out this Ship hit by high sea's

nxtnlne

Got a call earlier that a container Ship came into port here that was hit by 50-60 ft swells and lost over 150 can's. The wavs sheared off most of the 4th 5th and 6th teer's of containers(4,5,6 High). The fwd end folded in and the aft end still has some hanging off the side. There unloading the ship now so I'll get there eairly to get some good shot's. Its not often that vessels come in like this.

CropFullShipSharpen.jpg

Fwd.jpg

Aft1.jpg

post-8750-1170669923_thumb.jpg

When I took a cruise in the caribbean about two years ago, we had 30+ft seas. It was the roughest any of the passengers had said it had ever been. It was my first cruise so I didnt know any better. My girlfriend and many others were puking their guts all over everywhere. People locked in their cabin etc. It didnt bother me a bit though...it was really cool though to be walking and at one moment, you're walking up hill and then all of sudden you see the deck drop and you're walking down hill...lol. You could feel the changes of as much as 10-15-20ft rises depending on what part of the ship you were on. It was so bad, we couldnt get into the grand caymens because it was too rough to get into port there. I couldnt imagine double that...60ft? Thats sunami sized waves.

When I took a cruise in the caribbean about two years ago, we had 30+ft seas. It was the roughest any of the passengers had said it had ever been. It was my first cruise so I didnt know any better. My girlfriend and many others were puking their guts all over everywhere. People locked in their cabin etc. It didnt bother me a bit though...it was really cool though to be walking and at one moment, you're walking up hill and then all of sudden you see the deck drop and you're walking down hill...lol. You could feel the changes of as much as 10-15-20ft rises depending on what part of the ship you were on. It was so bad, we couldnt get into the grand caymens because it was too rough to get into port there. I couldnt imagine double that...60ft? Thats sunami sized waves.

Was this you guys????

hugewave.jpg

Not quite that bad, but almost...seriously. We were on a Norwegian Cruiselines freestyle cruise. I went on a Royal Caribbean and the seas were much calmer, but the service sucked. Norwegian is the only way to go in my book. Eat when you want, do what you want when you want...dont have huge schedules to follow unless you want to go on shore excursions.

Not quite that bad, but almost...seriously. We were on a Norwegian Cruiselines freestyle cruise. I went on a Royal Caribbean and the seas were much calmer, but the service sucked. Norwegian is the only way to go in my book. Eat when you want, do what you want when you want...dont have huge schedules to follow unless you want to go on shore excursions.

Good to know

Well you would think it was a rouge wave. But the story I got that it was high seas. Those ship are any where from 17 to 27 containers across. And if there were any cells left empty then the gear would have failed alot easier. Other words if that ship was stacked one container after the other inshore to offshore then its a stable as it can get. If there stack 10 across with a empty space in between then the lashing gear is compromised. This ship came into port a couple of years ago. See the empty cells. A large swell and if the ship LISTS hard enough with loose our rusty lashing gear and those cans will fall.

This ship was hit bya rouge wave.

yangming.jpg