Replacement Headlight Bulbs

Outsource

I'm intreested in getting some HID's in the near future, but was wondering what some have used to swap out the stock bulbs. I saw some Silverstar Ultra's at the store the other day. I believe it was the 9005 for the low beam bulb and 9006 for the high beam bulb. I also saw some Silverstar "Cool Blue" bulbs, with eh same numbers.

Has anyone tried either of these, and if so, do you like them? Seems like a cheap upgrade while I contemplate getting HID's.

They're not any brighter, just a different 'color' a bluer light that some people prefer. I think the OEM Phillips illuminate better IMO. Also, zippy posted a long time ago some that he converted his headlights to H4 85/100, now that would be kick-ass improvement without installing HIDs but I don't know what the costs are.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

PIAA seam to last the longest,and the brightest i believe,silverstars about a year,not as bright and shorter in colder climates,converted to hids 10k and WOW!easily 20 feet further vs old halogens.have a set of PIAA's can sell ya. 40 bucks shipped,they are the dot approved super whites 4000k.

I just replaced my low and high beams with silver star and happy with them so far....i also replaced my day running lights and turn bulbs with silver star ambers and they are great so far also.

:withstupid: but piaa's are better

Mario, give me a call I am looking for my silverstar low beams, I have a few other low beams somewhere around here I may be able to give to you. I am going to look for them tonight,

Oh and you gonna go to the boat show?

Mario, give me a call I am looking for my silverstar low beams, I have a few other low beams somewhere around here I may be able to give to you. I am going to look for them tonight,

Oh and you gonna go to the boat show?

Going to the boat show for sure. Might want to upgrade my Hewes 18 Redfisher flats boat to a Pathfinder 22. Or I can always get a supercharger. :thumbs: