Best Bedliner?

AZSS

I have my Gaylord's X2000 tonneau on order and just called to add the bedrug and cant wait till they get in. I really dont think that much moisture will get under the rug, the last tonneau cover i had had no problems with leaking.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have my Gaylord's X2000 tonneau on order and just called to add the bedrug and cant wait till they get in. I really dont think that much moisture will get under the rug, the last tonneau cover i had had no problems with leaking.

It's not just with leaking, I don't think they would leak at all. It's the sweating in the summer temps. Think about it, all that heat in the bed with the cover on and no way for it to evaporate. It may not even happen, it's just my take on it!!!

Late- Alex

I'm a bed rug lover too. I agree with the above statement though, if you're gonna USE your bed get a spray in liner. I have a trailer to haul the rough stuff, so I bought a Bed Rug. The worry of water under the bed rug is pointless. If you put the rug in when the truck is new (like I did) there is not damage in the bed for the water to get at bare steel, therefore, water under the bedrug will simply drain out through the holes and evaporate. The pad under the bedrug is made of closed cell nitrogen sponge. Won't absorb anything, but still breathes. I love mine and would buy another in a minute! Oh yea, I don't have a cover on my bed either, and it has been rained on, snowed on, bird crapped on etc... nothing hurts it. Just wash it off at the car wash, let it dry and vaccum it. Looks good as new everytime.

Just follow the directions included to install it to the letter! (for proper adhesion of the industrial strength velcro tape)

:cool::cheers:

The worry of water under the bed rug is pointless. If you put the rug in when the truck is new (like I did) there is not damage in the bed for the water to get at bare steel, therefore, water under the bedrug will simply drain out through the holes and evaporate.

Pointless????? :confused::confused::confused:

Alot of people didn't even know about the bedrug until they came here, including myself!!! Since I didn't know about it, I didn't get it right after leaving the dealership. Now I have a few scratches in my bed and that bed rug ain't gonna protect shiznits. Like I said in a previous post, the bed rug IMHO is just like a drop in liner. To each their own, but I would rather be safe with a spray in liner and a bed rug than sorry with a rusted out bed!!!!

Just can't go wrong with a spray in liner.

Too many ifs, ands, or buts with the bed rug.

Don't get it twisted though, I'm still gonna get the bed rug AFTER I get the spray in!

Late- Alex

I like my Line-X, I was hauling a diesel pump in the back of my truck and it spilled oil all over the bed. I was pissed because the Line-X had this brown discoloration at where the oil was, it came off completely with a good powerwashing. I was impressed. Never had a Rhino and I think the Bed Rug is good only if you are going to haul rocks, mulch, or anything else you would put in the back of a truck.

Too many ifs, ands, or buts with the bed rug.

Don't get it twisted though, I'm still gonna get the bed rug AFTER I get the spray in!

Late- Alex

Hey Alex,

The bedrug attaches to the bare bed by velcro. If you put the spray in liner in first the velcro tape won't stick. The velcro has to stick to a perfectly clean and smooth surface. You clean it with alcohol and place the tape down after it dries following a specific pattern. This is a big issue with the BedRug. I saw a guy who did what you're suggesting on the interstate trying to find his bedrug which blew out!

I don't think you can have it both ways. Besides, who wants to pay 350 bucks for a spray in and another 300 bucks for a bedrug? I guess if you have a tonneau you wouldn't have to worry about losing it, but then again, you wouldn't need to worry about rusting out your bed with a tonneau either! Just trying to help.. if your bed is scratched to the bare metal, a spray in is for sure what you want. They are great, but they fade over time. Ask your buddies at the body shop.

SuperDave

I just ordered my bedrug. The instructions say it has to be over 68 to install it so it installs properly. Living in the north this probably wont be for a good 4 months. Hopefully I can find someone with a heated garage to put it in for me.

Everyone keeps talking about spray in liners, have you ever seen what they do to your bed before they spray the stuff in? They pretty much sand and scrape all of the paint off. I had a buddy who had a spray in done and someone the mixture they sprayed in was wrong, the bed rusted under the spray in coating. 6 in one hand half dozen in the other I guess, just comes down to personal preferance and what you will actually be using the truck for.

I am wondering how much the bed rug weighs in comparison to what the spray goo would weigh?

I installed mine in September of 2003, it was over 100 degrees. They are insistent that the surface be clean and alcohol prepped before installation. Also, you must follow their diagram on tape placement. If I was guessing, I would say the BedRug weighed around 20~25 pounds, that may be a little heavy though. It is worth putting up with any weight issues once you've set on the liner! They are great. Very plush and soft especially on the knees! :cheers:

Hey Alex,

The bedrug attaches to the bare bed by velcro. If you put the spray in liner in first the velcro tape won't stick. The velcro has to stick to a perfectly clean and smooth surface. You clean it with alcohol and place the tape down after it dries following a specific pattern. This is a big issue with the BedRug. I saw a guy who did what you're suggesting on the interstate trying to find his bedrug which blew out!

I don't think you can have it both ways. Besides, who wants to pay 350 bucks for a spray in and another 300 bucks for a bedrug? I guess if you have a tonneau you wouldn't have to worry about losing it, but then again, you wouldn't need to worry about rusting out your bed with a tonneau either! Just trying to help.. if your bed is scratched to the bare metal, a spray in is for sure what you want. They are great, but they fade over time. Ask your buddies at the body shop.

SuperDave

Oh well, so much for the bedrug!!! That was probably a sight to see, that guy chasing down his bedrug!!!! :lol: As far as what they do before they spray, who cares if they scratch and scuff the bed, you don't see it when it's done. I guess it is just a matter of preference. On a side note for you all, there is a nice little article in this months (don't know exactly what month on magazine) Truckin' magazine about installing a Bedrug and cover.

Late- Alex

Very plush and soft especially on the knees! :cheers:

What do you do in the back of your truck?

Not saying I have but you could. hehehe :thumbs:

Crap...... I'm busted! Yes, I clean my back glass from inside the bed, usually on my knees!

:jester:

Archived