Got a spray in bedliner

Vortec MAX

Here are some pics of my spray in bedliner. The guy did an excellent job! The lines at the edges are so clean. I don't even know how he did it. It was starting to get dark, so the pics aren't the best.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

You can see my '83 Silverado in Pic 3 :)

Mike

Spray-Ins are the way to go ... cost more, but def. worth it.

I was real happy with the way my Line-X came out ... :thumbs:

Looks Good!

-Edit: Did you know they grind the heck out of the factory paint before applying the liner? I would have cried if I'd seen my stock bed get tore up ...

Also, that they spray it on @ 200 degrees Fahrenheit? Pretty neat ...

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

We do custom eagle liners here at our shop. It does get around 200 degrees when the hardner and resin mix. Dries in 9 seconds on a warm day. You get the edges straight by running a wire tape. and the wire cuts the bedliner at whetever agle you want. Anyone around Waco need one done I can do the for $300 on a sat or sunday. If you want pics of mine I can get some up. They sure beat the hell out of a plastic liner. But thats stuff is kinda heavy. I would say you just added 50-75 lbs to your truck.

Looks Good!

:withstupid:

Oh, nice clean 83!!!! :cheers::chevy:

On a side note... Is the vortec max not the ultimate mix between sport/workhorse? I have to say.... If i could find a hole, my truck would be pregnant!!!

Looks Good!

:withstupid:

On a side note... Is the vortec max not the ultimate mix between sport/workhorse? I have to say.... If i could find a hole, my truck would be pregnant!!!

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttt

tttt ........... :puke:

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the durability of the spray in liners, but every one I've seen has faded out in as little in 1 year unless you have a tonneau cover or shell. I personally have a bed rug, which looks and feels great, but they also fade around the edges if left in direct sunlight for long periods, but they don't look chalky like spray in liners do.

The good thing about the bed rug is that you can buy another one and just replace it if it gets looking really crappy. A spray in liner you would have to take a grinder to and that could get really ugly really fast if you weren't careful.

Sharp truck and sharp liner for now though, Congrats! :happysad:

I have an ARMA Coatings spray in liner on my 1983 Silverado. It has chalked in the sun over time. If you scrub it with soapy water, it will look good for a few months, then it fades again.

With the new truck, I paid extra for a "top coat" that has UV inhibitors. It is supposed to STAY shiny black like it is now. Let's hope so.

I also have the bed covered with a Fold-a-Cover most of the time, and a Penda rubber bed mat in the bottom. I use my bed quite a bit, but I also take good care of it. I plan to own this truck for a VERY long time.

Oh and thanks for the Kudos everyone.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

Thank you. Would you like to buy it? It is for sale.

I have to agree with you about the Vortec MAX being the ultimate mix. It's like a cross between an SS and the Z71 off road package. It is actually EXACTLY what I wanted in a truck. I have been VERY pleased with it.

About that other thing you said. Don't ask don't tell is my policy. What you do with your truck behind a closed garage door is no concern of mine. :D

Looks really nice and shiny :thumbs: . Whats the logo Roxon about?

Roxon Coatings did the bedliner. It is a small company here in Idaho. I was taking my kids to the pool last summer when I saw a little Colorado truck with a bedliner that had that logo. It was BY FAR the best looking bedliner I had ever seen. The attention to detail was immaculate. I knew then that I wanted Roxon to do mine. I had a hard time tracking them down as they are not in the phone book, but I found them. And I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Mike