Home and Garden contractor that screwed me update!

tbyrne

Update! The newspaper in the contractor's home town did a story on this (www.auburnnews.net). It came out on the front page yesterday so I took a ride up to Auburn and bought a total of 22 papers. A few for myself, my attorney wants one and then some select people will be getting a copy too. Actually, I think I paid for about 26. I ended up telling the story in each store that I went into and I even a bought a few papers for some of the customers too! Some of the article was incorrect. First the spelling of my name. It also says that I asked Jon if he would do the work. He kept asking me if I was going to have him do it. I like how he said I just called him out of the blue and said that I didn't want him doing the work anymore. He says the reason is because I couldn't get a discount on the materials. It's interesting to see how he keeps twisting the story. I've found that he has disconnected both of his business phone numbers. He says in the paper that people have been harrassing him and his wife.

I'm going to have the article typed up and post it on the site if the paper doesn't mind. One of the cashiers said that someone else came in and bought a bunch of copies. I guess he'll be a famous guy in town!

www.bewarehomeandgarden.com

this is what was on the internet.

Contractor under fire from former client

A former client is accusing a local landscaping contractor of fraudulent business practices and misrepresentation. In recent weeks, the accusations have gained traction after being published on the Internet.

According to Tom Burne, of Westport, Auburn resident Jon Drewniak agreed to perform a landscaping project at Burne’s property, located near Buzzard’s Bay, approximately two years ago. Drewniak allegedly never completed the work, but kept $6,000, which he had been given as a down payment.

Burne’s account of events begins several years earlier when he says he met Drewniak through a mutual friend.

“I knew Jon for about seven years,” Burne said in a recent interview. “Overall, he seemed like a decent guy.”

In 2005, after beginning construction on his house in Westport, Burne said he asked Drewniak if he would be willing to do the landscaping work.

“We discussed some numbers and came up with a total price of $8-$9,000,” Burne stated in a written timeline of the ordeal.

On the morning of June 16, he said he gave Drewniak a check for the down payment. It was cashed two hours later, according to Burne.

Approximately four weeks after receiving the initial $6,000, Drewniak completed the first portion of the job, which included planting shrubs and laying down mulch, Burne said.